Need a hard Abs workout

Options
I'm currently doing Body Beast by Beachbody and I don't find any of Beachbody Ab routines hard I have a weak core and have tried them all. Is there any ab workout out there that 15 to 20 minutes that really hard?

Like on YouTube or something I need something difficult that hits the core/abs but Is short.

Any suggestions would be great something I can do in my own home.

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    trx planking and all the variations.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Best core workout is deadlifts and squats.

Best ab isolation I have found so far is hanging leg raises. Do 5x10 of those and you won't need to do anything else. But it only works the abs. If you want to blow out your core, do a pull-up or chinup and finish with a leg raise. If you can do that, you will have a strong core.

Tom
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    15 reps on ab wheel, 15 reps weight decline crunch, 15 reps hanging knee raises, 15 reps standing dumbbell side bends.

Do them all together without stopping in a circuit. After all exercises and reps are completed, rest for 60 to 90 seconds and do it all over two more times.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Best core workout is deadlifts and squats.

Best ab isolation I have found so far is hanging leg raises. Do 5x10 of those and you won't need to do anything else. But it only works the abs. If you want to blow out your core, do a pull-up or chinup and finish with a leg raise. If you can do that, you will have a strong core.

Tom
    I love hanging leg raises.
  • levalexi
    levalexi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fGUQSIiH-I

besides heavy deads and squats , this.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Med ball rollouts.

Like the ab wheel, but use a med ball instead. Killer move - like the ab wheel variations, it's planks on steroids.

As others have noted, you really need to be doing DL and Squats. But, Body Beast has some kind of DL and Squat variation in it, so you need to be using heavier weights maybe?

I'm a bit confused that you have a weak core, but you don't find a dedicated ab routine challenging? Are you confusing core activation with some kind of cardio-vascular hit? Or am I somehow misreading things?
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    do a 100 chin ups
  • Xtrobelights
    Xtrobelights Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    http://hasfit.com/workouts/home/ab/cardio-abs/

If you go at his pace it's pretty tough...before you do it make sure you have a strong core and endurance.Theres a bunch of other ab workouts on that site as well, but that one is the longest at 30 minutes
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I

love

this

thread
  • Kate814
    Kate814 Posts: 145
    Options
    I've tried and loved everything everyone else has mentioned, but I definitely attribute my core strength to a headstand practice. Raising your legs slowly into a headstand then stabilizing for a minute or so then slowly lowering/repeat. Yeah, it's yoga, but one of those don't knock it till you try it things.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    My core buster day consists of 3 sets each of the following.

Suitcase crunches with 40# dumbbell, 20 reps
    Russian twists in V-sit position with 40# dumbbell, 20 reps
    Leg lift to torso raise, 12 reps
    Inverted "Vsit" with ab dolly, 10 reps (from full plank position, legs straight, pulling feet toward hands)
    ab dolly pendulums, 10 reps
    back extensions with 45# plate, 10 reps
    Dumbbell RDL, two 80# dumbbells, 9 reps
    Side dumbbell raises, 80#, 10 reps
    Rotary torso machine, 10 reps each direction (works the driving range muscles hard:bigsmile: )
    I mix in other stations as well working across and downward pulls.

Randomabs.com has some cool ab mixes.