how does weight fluctuate during menstrual days?

Options
I would like to know how the weight fluctuates in these days. Does it go up or down? I feel almost not hungry on these days but weak so i eat as always. I do log weight daily I find it increasing during the menstrual day is that fine ? :/

Replies

• Fit_Lean_Priya
    Fit_Lean_Priya Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    its fine, don't worry about it, eat right and if possible exercise too, you will get toned and in shape
    weight usually fluctuate on and off because of many factors
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    its fine, don't worry about it, eat right and if possible exercise too, you will get toned and in shape
    weight usually fluctuate on and off because of many factors
    ^ I'm agreeing with this.
    I find when I exercise, things are much easier for me.
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    :) glad to know that !
  • caramammal
    caramammal Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    from ovulation (around mid-cycle) until menstruation i hold onto weight, probably fluid, and lose only minimal amounts during those 2 weeks, then the day after period has started, i can see the loss on the scale, usually about 2-3lbs.
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    from ovulation (around mid-cycle) until menstruation i hold onto weight, probably fluid, and lose only minimal amounts during those 2 weeks, then the day after period has started, i can see the loss on the scale, usually about 2-3lbs.

hmmm.... that makes me think!
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options

True for me! I always think that if you're going to start a diet, cycle day 1 is the best day to start as you generally have a lower appetite and get instant scale gratification...the downside is that in a couple of weeks, the calorie control seems a lot harder with a raised appetite and after struggling to keep to your limits, you hit what seems like a plateau. Now I know that's the case, I'm braced for it.
  • snowcoon
    Options
    Fluid retention can definitely cause weight gain pre-menstrually. I used to go up as much as 6-7lb before my periods! Really frustrating. The advice to try and reduce this is by ensuring you don't eat much salt, drink plenty of water and keep active as much as you are able.
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    Fluid retention can definitely cause weight gain pre-menstrually. I used to go up as much as 6-7lb before my periods! Really frustrating. The advice to try and reduce this is by ensuring you don't eat much salt, drink plenty of water and keep active as much as you are able.

This really helps..... coz i really had my scales going up before menstrual!
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If I know I am about to start my period or if I am late on my period, I WILL NOT weigh myself until after my cycle is over. For me, I know the scale is going to show a "gain" just because of water retention and I do not want to see the number go up (even though I know I really didn't gain any fat). So for me, I just avoid weighing until after my period is over and then I generally see a 1-3 pound loss.