30lbs to lose-I need a support buddy/buddies

Options
Hello!

I don't know why I can't get back on track with losing weight. I have 30lbs to lose. I had lost it all doing Jenny Craig over a year ago and gained it back. The problem with Jenny Craig is, I was so reliant on the food, I would never stray, so when I had to do it on my own I immediately started having bigger portions and gradually started eating unhealthy again. I need a buddy/buddies to help keep me in check and I would do the same for you. I also need some sort of motivation to work out. I do not have a gym around where I live. What do you guys do?

Thanks!

Replies

• Utahbeth
    Options
    Welcome! I also need motivation to workout. I'm going to start the C25K program soon (Couch to the 5K), but I don't always get up of my rear to workout when I could be. This site is very supportive. I'm sure you'll find many friends to help you reach your goal.

BTW, that's an interesting point on the Jenny Craig program (and programs like it), I've always been interested in trying them.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I do like the gym, but I also like Zumba classes. And I have the 30 Day Shred and Turbo Jam at home too, which is nice for rainy days. Some people here are nuts for Insanity and P90X. I think the key would be to think about what you LIKE to do (dance, swim, walk, jog, bike, yoga) and try to make that a larger part of your routine.

I've heard similiar things about Jenny - it's great and wonderful, but it doesn't teachhow to handle/manage food.

And hey - you're here so that's a great step!
  • monkeyfood
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I need support buddies too.
    I had lost almost 15lbs a few months ago and gave up and gained 13 back :(
    This site is wonderful for staying on track!

As for workouts I get bored so easily so I do a lot of different stuff. I love to bike, walk, workout videos etc.

Good luck with everything!
  • camille45
    camille45 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    hey sweetie ill be your buddy i love all the support we have on this site.

i watch my portions and stay within my alloted calories for the day and i work out at least 4 times a week with The Firm and Winsor Pilates. I dont go to the gym because every gym membership i have had ended up being a waste of money. i either could not find time to go, or when i did have time i was too tired. So just find what works best for you and have fun with it and mix it up.

Also i try to drink lots of water, it helps to stay away from high calorie drinks too
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I don't know why I can't get back on track with losing weight. I have 30lbs to lose. I had lost it all doing Jenny Craig over a year ago and gained it back. The problem with Jenny Craig is, I was so reliant on the food, I would never stray, so when I had to do it on my own I immediately started having bigger portions and gradually started eating unhealthy again. I need a buddy/buddies to help keep me in check and I would do the same for you. I also need some sort of motivation to work out. I do not have a gym around where I live. What do you guys do?

Thanks!

I have 30 to lose, too. :-)

I work out outside and in my house. I go for walks/jogs, swim, rollerblade, workout DVDs, elliptical in my house, jump rope, I have a small trampoline, yoga, free weights, balance ball, stretchy bands, pushups and sit-ups ...

There are tons of things you can do without a gym!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Oh - I also wanted to say - when I first say your pic all I could think is how much you look like Jordana Brewster! (compliment)
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0108287/
  • amstein18
    amstein18 Posts: 131
    Options
    hi! welcome to MFP! do you have comcast or verizon fios??(other companies may have it too) they have exercise tv which is full with FREE workout videos! everything from 10 minute strength training videos to fun cardio videos to yoga and pilates!! i personally LOVE the jillian michael's 30 day shred. it's challenging but not too hard that you feel incapable. good luck & i will definitely be your buddy :)
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I'll be your support if you want me to! I try to do dvds at home if I don't have time for the gym. I definitely say that logging food makes me make better decisions on what to eat. Good luck!
  • danguzman
    Options
    I completely understand what you're going through. For me it's the crazy schedule that seems to be my biggest obstacle. Since you don't have a gym I'd say take walks and/or run. Slow is fine! This site has helped me track what I eat and I really think before I sit down for a meal.

I have been the same way with losing weight and then gaining it back.
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have lost 15 pounds, and have at LEAST 30 more to lose, so I'd love to support you along the way!!
    The good thing about this site, is that, you can log in pretty much ANY physical acitivity that you do,,,,cleaning the house, grocery shopping, laundry, you name it! So, you may be more active than you realize, you don't have to be doing typical "exercise" in order for it to count.
    Good luck, and I'll see you around!
    Tanya
  • knakau
    knakau Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello!

Thanks!
    Hi there,
    Feel free to add me. I am currently on diet chef program which is similar to Jenny Craig I think with all meals delivered. Only in my third week but loving it and does not feel like a diet. When i started plan my husband was in Afghanistan so only myself and four year old to worry about. now hubby is home I find I try to make them a meal similar to what i am having when I can and this then helps me see how I could stick to sensible meals when i come off diet chef. I now read calories on everything whereas before I just didn't bother..hence current predicament! Love MFP for monitoring intake and think it will be a good tool for later if I simply want to maintain my weight. Never been breve enough before to log everything i eat, plus some of my gain could be due to starvation mode lol!
  • mrsdero
    mrsdero Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey,

I have 34 lbs to loose and would be your buddy! I run (jog/powerwalk) about 5-6 days a week, I do yoga and pilotes at home and some Calisthenics. What Ive started doing is on days I dont wanna work out I make myself do it anyways and push myself harder then on days im ready to go. Afterwards I am greatful I did because I find running gives me energy.
  • orbgirl12
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your support! I feel motivated already. I just have to remember to take it one day at a time and that all the weight will not come off overnight. I read some reviews after a few of you ,mentioned the 30 Day Shred and I will definitely pick up a copy.

Thanks again!! I will keep you all posted.
  • franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    Options
    I'm here for support. I've been through so many yo-yo diets lost 20 and gain 30 diets are no good. Learning how to eat healthy is the key.

Franzy
  • Icandoit11
    Options
    Hi everyone, I really need a support buddy. I need to lose thirty pounds and know that I'm capable of doing it. I work out daily but it's my eating habits where I need some accountability. I'm open to advice and feedback.
    I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!
  • spellbinder25
    spellbinder25 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi..

I too want to lose about 25 - 30 lbs and would like to have some support buddies. Feel free to add me.

I do the elliptical most days & simultaneously am also doing the C25K. You can do C25K too since you don't need a gym for that. Or walk/jog. I have previously lost over 30 lbs by just walking for 45 minutes, 5 days a week. But I stopped & gained it all back. So, I'm starting afresh.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your support! I feel motivated already. I just have to remember to take it one day at a time and that all the weight will not come off overnight. I read some reviews after a few of you ,mentioned the 30 Day Shred and I will definitely pick up a copy.

Thanks again!! I will keep you all posted.

Just be prepared to not be able to walk after a couple days. No matter how good of shape you think you're in, that DVD will kick your rear!