1 year and 95 lbs later (before and after pictures)

Options
One year ago today, I found MFP and my life changed forever. I have been thinking about what I have learned. Here are some of my lessons:

1. Get up and move. I started my journey by walking and taking stairs. I park far away from buildings and do not take an elevator unless I have to go above the 8th floor.
2. Pretzel M&Ms cannot take away any pain. I live in CT. On 12/14, at approx. 1PM, when I heard about Newtown, I grabbed a bag of pretzel M&Ms and was off of MFP for 3 weeks. I came back understanding that I still had to face the horror of that day, and no food could change it.
3. I am pretty. May sound odd, but I have never in my life considered myself attractive. I have realized that I am.
4. Cadbury eggs are 150 calories and Peppermint Patties are 140 calories. A bowl of pasta that I use to eat at Applebees is 1500. Who knew.
5. I can only do my best every day. This is a life style, and I am not going to worry about Macros, or carbs or sugars. I am going to consume less calories than my body needs.
6. I am blessed. Without the fat hanging on my body, I can see all that I have missed. I do not like being fat, and do not see how truly blessed I am when I am lugging around 100+ extra pounds. But I can clearly see now and know that I am blessed. Every day.

It is through some of your diaries that I realized that I could have that damn Cadbury Egg that I had been jonesing over all Easter. Thank you all.

Am hoping I did this right- here are my pictures.

Highest Weight was 330. In the pictures attached, I was 306. I am now 199. I am not done, but here is my progress:

I can't upload the pictures- but they are all on my profile. tried to follow the instructions- but no dice.

Replies

• Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You look totally fabulous!!! You have come a long way!!! Keep up the awesome work!!!!!!!
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    Congratulations! You have done fantastic (I read your profile) and I find your story an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I just love success stories like yours!!! It's so much fun seeing someone succeed at this in such a spectacular way.
    You look fantastic and probably feel like you can conquer the world.

So much Win for you! :heart:
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great story and good job on losing the weight and changing your life!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    congratulations...welcome to onederland. im so happy your pretty is showing through to you...the only person that can keep u motivated. and yes cadbury eggs are calories well spent. yay for good taste in chocolate.
  • TBates14
    TBates14 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love your story, you are such an inspiration! Congratulations!
  • MrsMX
    MrsMX Posts: 98
    Options
    You look wonderful and your beautiful smile says it all!

Congratulations!!
    thank you for the inspiration and sharing:flowerforyou:
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! You look great!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Congrats :flowerforyou: you look great!!!

#4, yep, amazing isn't it. Go candy!!! Way worth it in my opinion ...LOL
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yes you are gorgeous. What a big sucess you are! Keep remembering this feeling so you don't slip back. Your child needs you. :flowerforyou:
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look absolutely fabulous and so very happy :)
  • annakdavis
    annakdavis Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much. I am a complete introvert, and it took me a little bit to start to add friends, but have found that it is the people that I have met on this site have really helped me along the way. There is so much that I can learn from others who are on their own journey. Thanks again!
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And you are AWESOME, never believe otherwise!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful and your son is adorable!!! Thank you for a good dose of inspiration!!!
  • snoopymcc
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! Gives me hope for losing my 60 lbs!
  • Crweb29
    Crweb29 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look fantastic...although in one pic you kinda look like the Rock. :smile:
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    you look great and it sounds like you are doing great too and have your head in the right place! and darn it only 140 cals for the peppermint patties? that is about 50 less than my granola bar and I would enjoy it so much more!
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look fab! Loved your post....especially #5!!!!!
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    WOW, great job, you are definitely an inspiration to many, like me who are just getting started on the journey and need stories like your to encourage us everyday!

JB
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!