Is fitbit giving crazy amounts of exercise calories or what?

Options
After the iOS 7 update, apparently my fitbit one thinks I'm a hard worker! Cause on days I work where I normally get 8,000 or so steps, it thinks I deserve about 650 exercise calories added on top of my regular calories. Whereas before it would only give me like 300. Wow? I know how tricky calorie estimates are and that even being a couple hundred calories off can throw off your progress a bit so I'm trying to be careful here.

Anybody else notice this?

Replies

• drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    Seems like iOS maybe the problem then, not your FitBit.
    Do you synch it with your computer aswell?
  • kitticus15
    kitticus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I would agree that it may be the update, my fitbit one is not doing that and it only syncs with my computer, maybe you should use just the computer for a while :)
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Is there anyway your setting could have changed? From lightly active to sedentary or something along those lines?
  • cindyanne29
    cindyanne29 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes, fitbit gives me too many calories for just slow walking. Anyone know how to stop that?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Yes, fitbit gives me too many calories for just slow walking. Anyone know how to stop that?

Have you set your stride length? Mine was drastically under estimating my distance when I run and I found out it was because my stride length was set to something like baby steps. Not sure if that would make a calorie difference though.