FIRST TIME POSTING

Options
Hi, I've been using MFP now for over 3 months and I've lost 30 lbs. (as of today). Have another 19 lbs. to go. I have probably lost 2000 lbs. :cry: in the past 20 years! I started out (3 months ago) at a tight 18 and am now a loose 13-14. When I moved to Florida 4 1/2 years ago I was a 7-8. My problem is once I get to my goal weight, I go back to eating junk food and start gaining the weight back and its so foolish to work soooooo hard and be so proud of yourself and let food control my life once again!!!!!!! How do you gals who have lost and kept it off do it? I will certainly need all of the help I can get once I'm there. Any suggestions and helpful hints to maintaining my goal weight? This is the best site ever. I have been using 1200 calories with %'s at 40/30/30. (can't even finish my 1200 calories) Thanks for listening. Sincerely, Mel

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Congrats thus far. Please be aware that If you are eating less than 1200 cals you are probably losing some muscle along with the fat. Try to increase your intake to reach 1200. It is quite easy to reach, add a handful of nuts or seeds, use a higher MF% milk, cheese, yogurt, add olive oil into sauces and salads.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I always find myself doing the same thing. Self sabotage.. almost subconcious. I haven't been working out so much lately and have been scared to check the scale since I weighed myself the last time at the smallest I've been for over a year. I finally did this morning and found I've only gained less than a pound. Whew. Honestly though? I cut out regular pop/soda. It was definitely one of my huge downfalls. I drink diet now if any, and sometimes I drink too much of it but also water. Just stay positive and REMIND yourself a few slip ups won't ruin all your hard work. Which is what I think I often did in the past.. would get to a smaller weight, fell comfortable then mess up and think ahh it's all over now. I don't want to keep playing the yo-yo game for the rest of my life.. stay positive!! And like everyone always says to drink lots of water, or COLD water.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    8 years ago I lost 30 pounds and kept it off and in the last year and a half here I've lose another 29 pounds. In all of this time, I've never gained more than 5 or so back. I think the key is really thinking about it as a lifestyle change and not a diet. Plus keeping in mind moderation. I eat the same foods I've always loved, just either with a heathly twist to them or in small portions. Congratulations on your loss so far. :flowerforyou:
  • meldan111
    meldan111 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ERIC,
    Sounds like good advice. But now I'm concerned because I'm going over my %'s on protein and fats with the %'s I have set at 40/30/30 (120/40/90). I don't want to go over 1200 calories. What do you suggest? Thanks
  • meldan111
    meldan111 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would like to thank each and every one of you for your suggestions and thoughts. Thanks again.