Has anyone become violently ill from Shakeology?

Options
I have been on and off shakeology for awhile but the last two times I have used one of my packets in my desk drawer at work I have become violently ill with in an hour of drinking it. I double checked the expiration date on the box and it say's it is good until 2014, but there is no way there is not something wrong with these packets. I had one at 3:30 yesterday and by time I left work at 4:30 I was already feeling ill.. by the time I got home it was like a scene from the exorcist. I had a similar thing happen the last time I drank one at work and ended up having to go home and was out of work for a day and a half. Like i said i have done Shakeology for months with no issues so I was wondering if any one else has had a similar experience.

Replies

• VeganLexi
    VeganLexi Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I'd stop taking it and see your doctor.

What is it? Is it a meal replacer or something?

Maybe start eating nutritionally dense real food, it seems that your body isn't agreeing with it.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • darkangelinvb
    darkangelinvb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It is a nutritional supplement that i only drink occasionally. I try to just eat clean nutrient dense foods most of the time but have used them when i am on the run or don't have something on hand. I am going to call the company and see if i can send it back and have it tested or something. It seems to be just this package, but honestly I am just going to cancel my auto ship bc at this point the sight and smell of it makes me feel ill. Thanks for your response!
  • samanthasimps0n
    samanthasimps0n Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I've never heard of that. Oddly enough, I am trying Shakology for the first time today. I'm getting some sample packets delivered which should arrive at some point today. I'll let you know how they work for me!
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Nope, drink it daily. It actually helped my husbands digestion and he won't have to see a doctor anymore! I would go to your doctor, and have the ingredients tested for allergies
  • FEMAZmolek
    Options
    Check out this website. It's a bunch of people who got sick after using shakeology. Check with your doctor before using it again.
    http://www.complaintsboard.com/?search=shakeology
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you looked at how it costs?
  • darkangelinvb
    Options
    haha.. I yeah it is expensive!
  • darkangelinvb
    Options
    I have used it since Jan. so I really think it is a bad batch or something.
  • tccanzoni
    Options
    Weird...What do you mean by sick? Nauseated, stomach pains?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    the universe is trying to tell you (and everybody else) something...

...eat real food and not junk meal replacement shakes!
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've drank shakeology every day since mid-June. Lost 65 pounds. And havent been sick once. Even drank shakeology as a pre-race meal before a Half Marathon this weekend, and I had a personal best time ever for 13.1 miles. I absolutely love this stuff. Best investment in my health I ever made.
  • pamdetsu
    pamdetsu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had this happen to me as well. My expiration date was 2014 too. After the second time, I threw it all away. Couldn't and still can't stand the thought of ever drinking it again.
  • Camwil525
    Options
    I am the same, I drank Shakeology and became so sick. I am talking vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pain. I am thinking of throwing it away. I don't wish this on anyone :-(
  • spyecats
    spyecats Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would contact customer service, if you return it within 30 days they have the bottom of the bag guarantee
  • joybird30
    joybird30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I threw up the last 2 times I had it too. I don't think I would ever try it again b/c I was so sick from it. It made me throw up multiple times. I wonder what is in that crap?! Does anybody know if Herbalife is any good?
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you looked at how it costs?

Thanks for the giggles
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I threw up the last 2 times I had it too. I don't think I would ever try it again b/c I was so sick from it. It made me throw up multiple times. I wonder what is in that crap?! Does anybody know if Herbalife is any good?

Why would you take a nutritional supplement and not triple check the IL??
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Nope, drink it daily. It actually helped my husbands digestion and he won't have to see a doctor anymore! I would go to your doctor, and have the ingredients tested for allergies

Or just stop drinking it and wait until it happens with real food.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely contact their customer service. Maybe there was a bad lot and they need to do a recall?