ladies with pcos - add me! support needed

Options
Hi there

I am 29 with pcos and really struggling to lose weight. I have joined MFP in the hope that recording what i eat and seeing other peoples success will spur me on to succeed.

Please add me if you also have pcos and trying to lose weight. :) x

Replies

• kittenz19
    Options
    I have been told it is far more difficult to lose weight if you suffer from pcos. =(
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I am 29 with pcos and really struggling to lose weight. I have joined MFP in the hope that recording what i eat and seeing other peoples success will spur me on to succeed.

Please add me if you also have pcos and trying to lose weight. :) x

Hi. I have PCOS also and it is much harder to lose weight with PCOS but possible. Check out the PCOS groups (click on groups at the top of the community page and search for PCOS). The groups are great for getting tips on how other women are losing! I am sending a friend request now! Welcome!
  • shell_pcos
    Options
    Hi !

Thanks for adding me!

Also thanks for suggesting i check out the groups re: pcos.

Will be great to see others success and feel motivated to continue!
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I suffer from PCOS as well!! Feel free to add me.
  • Majda1234
    Options
    I suffer too, i manage to loose weight and always keep it of for a few months but then STRONG carb sugar binges hit and pile back the pounds so easily. Usually am able to eat 8000 a day of carbs.sugar etc and that is why i pile it all back on.
  • Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I just recently found out I have PCOS, and have struggled with wieghtloss for years. Feel free to add me.
  • Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I didnt know about the groups, thanks for suggesting it.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am 28 and I have PCO...but they could not find the hormone problems to officially say PCOS so it also says "unexplained infertility" on my chart. I have the cysts and I wasn't able to get pregnant after 14 months of TTC with using ovulation strips and no success. I do not have weight problems so far though.
  • Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too. and it is definately harder to lose weight with it but it is not impossible!! You just need to work harder at it... and make allowances if you are on medication. But it is possible!!!!

Add me :-) I welcome all new friends
  • PurplePolkaDot84
    PurplePolkaDot84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just got diagnosed with pcos. My sister has it and told me to get checked. Losing weight had gotten so difficult 2 years ago. I wwould love support from people who deal with this inconvenience. Lol
  • annaibell
    annaibell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi - I was diagnosed about 6 weeks ago - so I have spent that time trying to figure things out. A PCOS diagnosis explains a lot of previously unexplained issues for me (abdominal pain, inability to loss weight, fatigue etc) so in a weird way way it's nice the doctor can no longer resort 'it's probably in your head!). I have done a lot of reading and researching over the past 6 weeks and I am not 19lbs lighter than 2 months ago so it is possible!! Hang in there!!
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS at 22 or 23. You do have to make adjustments but it's totally possible to lose weight. I'm down 20.6kg (around 45lb) since last July.

Don't listen to anyone who says it's impossible, you just need to pull on your big girl pants and make long-term adjustments.
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS about 10 years ago and have successfully lost 50+ lbs several times since then doing low carb diets. Unfortunately I also have some other issues that I have had trouble controlling along the way and have gained it back each time but that's unrelated. Feel free to add me. I have some other friends who also have PCOS and a great group to network within. :smile:
  • SpecialSundae
    Options
    One quick thing for all the girls with PCOS. Strength training is your best friend for weight loss with PCOS. Get on a progressive strength-training programme and your body will thank you for it.

Heck, even my skin has finally cleared up (mostly) after about 18 years of acne.
  • TxFemme
    TxFemme Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The best diet for PCOS is lower carb. Cut 'em to less than 50lbs and watch the pounds come off. trust me!
  • kamarate
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS at 22 or 23. You do have to make adjustments but it's totally possible to lose weight. I'm down 20.6kg (around 45lb) since last July.

Don't listen to anyone who says it's impossible, you just need to pull on your big girl pants and make long-term adjustments.

THIS. Hello, I also have PCOS. On MFP it says I've lost 1kg (I now weigh 71kg). I used to weigh 84kg. It's so easy to blame PCOS. It's easy to blame bad genetics (which I believe I also have). Doesn't change the fact that losing weight is totally possible and not so difficult! I'm trying to drop a few more but the important thing is to eat healthily and stay active. If you're overweight, it's not because you have PCOS and you have to persevere. When I first decided to lose weight, it took a few weeks to see any of it coming off. I wanted to give up and didn't and then a complete change in mentality came. My whole lifestyle is different now - hopefully when it comes time to have kids, being a healthy weight will pay off!

Chin up and keep going (and feel free to add me!).
  • SpecialSundae
    Options
    The best diet for PCOS is lower carb. Cut 'em to less than 50lbs and watch the pounds come off. trust me!

You don't have to go low carb (and 50g is pretty low) to lose weight with PCOS.