Fitbit

Options
What is the best type of Fitbit to get and why? I am seeing mixed reviews on the flex, which was the one that I was going to buy. Would like to hear opinions. Thanks!

Replies

• SamZ10
    SamZ10 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit one.. I love it. I wish it had a HRM, I think the Flex does, but I truly do love it! My sister has a different one and she wishes she had bought the Flex or the One.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    There's a really good member review here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/489011-fitbit-review-with-pros-and-cons?hl=fitbit+review#posts-13864247

I have the Fitbit One and I'm really happy with it. I don't find it as motivating as some people do - it doesn't make me just have to reach that magic 10,000 step goal - but I do find it's great to keep me on track with how much I'm moving. The Flex and the One do the same thing I think. I decided I didn't want anything on my wrist but that's just personal preference. I wear the One on my bra, and so far I've not come close to throwing it in the washer. I also have the Polar FT4 for an HRM that I wear when I'm doing my intentional exercising.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I have the One and I love it.

I didn't want something on my wrist. The flex will count steps when you type or move your hands too much. Also the one counts flights of stairs. I have lots of stairs in my life!
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one and I chose it over the flex. I read reviews about water getting trapped in the flex, so I opted to get the one instead. I LOVE my fitbit one! It's on me all the time, except swimming/shower.
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have the One and Love it , it does motivate me to reach my 1000 step and beyond every day , i wear it in the middle of my bra and do not know it is there . I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and it syncs to that by blue tooth every 15 mins or so, so now its even better.
  • GeekMeister
    GeekMeister Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both have the Fitbit Flex and we really like them. I doesn't bother me at all to have this around my wrist....I dont wear a watch anyway. Its very motivating to me personally, your mileage will vary. I love trying to get to that 10,000 step goal each day and its nice to know at a glance how close I am. The Fitbit One and Flex both basically do the same stuff but the One also tracks floors, thats the main difference. Another consideration is the sleep tracking. The Flex is easy since its on your wrist anyway. The One requires an accessory. I didn't think that the sleep tracking would be that useful...and maybe its not but it is very interesting to see how sound you slept. Other than that I dont think you will go wrong with either. It really boils down to whether or not you want something on your wrist or not. If not go with the One.
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I love love love my flex. I first started with the fitbit ultra and I loved that one also but I hated waiting till I got home to sync up. The flex is worn on your wrist of your inactive arm, so if you are a righty you would wear it on your left arm as I do. The steps are pretty accurate and I am not sure about it counting a step when you type , I believe it goes by the motion of movement and I know I don't use the same amount of movement with my arm in typing as I do with walking.

I love that it now sync with smartphones so you are always up to date with calorie adjustments if you have it linked to MFP. I also have the fitbit app on my phone so I like that I can see how many steps, calorie burn, distance, and my most activity minutes at any time and they just updated the app so you can now see how many more pounds to your goal weight, sleep minutes, food and water but I use MFP for my food and water input.

Overall I think it is a great buy I suggested it to a friend who bought it and she also loves it. I also use a HRM for workouts and have found when I compare what the fitbit gives me for exercise burn on MFP its pretty close to my HRM.

Hope this helped.
  • kingtermite
    kingtermite Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both got the Fitbit One, but after 6 months she accidentally killed hers. We got her the Flex a few weeks ago. She's ready to contact Fitbit and ask if she can turn it back in (still within 30 days) and get the One again instead. She doesn't like the Flex. Her biggest complaint is not truly having an interface to see her progress. It only gives you dots (codes) to know if you've met your goals, but you can't just see how many steps you have, etc..
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sorry meant 10,000 steps .whoops
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    Fitbit one is better than flex. One is more accurate (for me anyway as I tend to move my arms A LOT), more discreet (I hide mine in a bra), has an interface which is good because phone syncing doesn't work unless you have Iphone 5 or Galaxy 3 or 4.
    Here is a good review : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/992573-fitbit-flex-vs-one-review
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One and I love it - it keeps you mindful on how much activity really matters...and I love the website and the graphs that show your average steps, calorie burns, and trends :-)
  • docfmb
    Options
    I have the flex and I love it. I'm a physician and have to change my hospital scrubs when I get home (so I don't pass on gross things to the family) and was worried that it would end up in the washer. Plus, I don't usually take my flex off, so I don't worry about forgetting it. It's fine in the shower, I usually just take out the unit and take a qtip to the inside of the band. No big deal.

I do wish it counted stairs... but that's about it. My current iphone 4 doesn't sync with the fitbit (I plan on getting the 5 soon) but it doesn't bother me to not see actual numbers. I'm now working a 24 hour shift and didn't bring the unit that syncs it with the computer. I just know that my daily goal is 10,000 steps and each dot is 20% of that so that each dot is roughly 2,000 steps. It doesn't change the steps when I talk with my arms and is pretty accurate.

In the end, I picked the flex because I wanted something attached to me. If it wasn't, I wouldn't use it.
  • GradyVogt
    GradyVogt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is another really good review from a person that both BOTH.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/992573-fitbit-flex-vs-one-review