my pants look ridiculous

Options
2»

Replies

• AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    OMG i totally know how you feel I think I could fit a small child in the seat of my jeans! I hate wearing belts but am forced to until I buy some smaller pants.

Congrats on the saggy pants!!! As ridiculous as it looks it's a great feeling to know that pants that were once "snug" are now falling off.
  • junebug523
    Options
    I blogged about this exact problem this morning! Mine look ridiculous, too. I try belting them, but then they puff out in funny pleats underneath the belt. But I know I'm not quiiiite into the next size down, either! So I'm sucking it up for the time being. Thrift stores are good, and I will probably cave and go a-hunting sometime soon, because this goofiness simply cannot last. My tops are too cute to be ruined by silly pants!

All in all, though...it's not a bad problem to be having, is it? Good job on your success!
  • sublimechik28
    sublimechik28 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    im going down the same road to. it was weird one night my friends wanted to go out and i was getting ready to put on a pair of shorts i hadnt worn i a month or so and they fit super loose!! i had the hugest smile on my face. then i started trying on all my other shorts and all of them were loose some barely holding on it was the best feeling ive had in years!! what sucked is that they didnt hug my cute booty like they used too ohh well lol
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    awesome! The first size I went down I was so sure I wouldnt lose any more I bought a bunch of stuff. Went thru that size in a snap........very sad to have a bunch of new clothes that were too big! I had nothing to wear but I wore them anyway until I went to the next size.

Amazing to have that problem! Keep up the good work. Walmart has dress pants for 10 bux or so and I loved Goodwill, Consignment shops and Craigs list. Also at work I traded with some ppl/
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Ditto, ditto and amen.

I finally bought 3 pair of jeans today. I have been "hiking" my pants up all summer.
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    If you dont want to pay full price... Until you lose down the the weight you want go to a used clothing store in your area.. Lime goodwill, Veterans, Thrift Store etc......... Are a consignment shop and buy a couple pair... Are maybe a yard sale are garage sale they have nice things sometimes to...
    I go to used stores often and look. I have found some nice things in there on occassions... I still buy new things but for around the house I dont care if its used as long as it looks good...
    That is wonderful you have lost that much. Treat yourself to a few pair of pants that fit and I am sure you will get more, and more comments on how nice you look showing the weight you lost... Congrads on the weight loss...
  • dzdame
    dzdame Posts: 89
    Options
    I have had the same "problem" and it is only a problem because I have some really nice jeans that no longer fit me and I am not sure what to do with them! I tried to "consign" them today, but the shop is only taking Lucky or Seven jeans, which I have never wanted to spend the money on myself when I was 3 sizes bigger. When I get down to my goal weight, I am going to treat myself to a pair of expensive designer jeans, but in the meantime, I am going to go back to the consignment shop to buy a few pairs. I have bought myself some dress pants, as I need to have a few decent pairs for work. My tops are even too big now, but they will have to do! Don't you love having this kind of problem?? Congrats on all your hard work!!
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    Had to keep pulling my pants up in zumba again tonight. They ate almost big enough to tuck under my sports bra... i give in... must go shopping (atleast for suspenders) maybe even a crazy wig and red nose.

Thanks everyone for your ultra kind words. I really do appreciate y'all.
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    yeah i understand this, when i hit about 30 lbs down my pants literally fell to the floor and it was time for new ones another 20 and i was in need of new ones again and i had just started a new office job and had no choice but to buy clothes because i had nothing office appropriate. well now 2 months after i spent ton on clothes for work....you guessed it....i need new pants! lol i'm belting mine and i have to pull them ridiculously high to make them not sag all around. at my worst i was wearing a 32 in jeans and when i started here i was in a 28 and now it's time for 22s but i'm trying to hold out for 20s.
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    I'm smiling really big at this "problem"... LOL. Thrift stores and Ross are both great ideas. A pair of casual denim pants and a pair of black pants can be used for countless outfits! You might have to do laundry more often, though, if you only buy a couple pair!
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    Well I did it! I went to Ross and bought one pair of black work pants and a pair of jeans. I had to select items for the fitting room twice because the first set I took back was too big. I am officially down two sizes!!!!!!!!!!! This is an incredible way to start the weekend! Smiling from ear to ear non-stop.
  • freightdiva
    freightdiva Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    congrats on the loose pants! Must feel good to breath deep! lol
  • phoenixrising31
    phoenixrising31 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. Isn't shopping for clothes so much nicer when you've lost weight?

I've lost around 40 lbs and almost every pant in my wardrobe are now in storage ( can't sew to save my life) and I've been living on a couple of old skinnier clothes I had which still have me in droopy drawers. I just broke down yesterday and went to Ross, and got 1 pair of pants, 2 shirts, sports bra, jacket, and a skirt for $75. I must have tried on 30 pants because I was not sure what size I was. It was so awesome seeing how much skinnier I look, I love it. I made sure to get tight clothes so I can use it as long as possible.
  • kerrera
    kerrera Posts: 43
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! and the baggy pants. I have ebayed lots of stuff and bought lots of stuff in charity shops and sales.
    Dropping from a max size 26 to 16 (UK) has taken its toll on my husbands wallet.
    I think if he hears i need new pants once more he will make me eat cake!
    Well done and keep it up
  • Sprinkles77
    Options
    Coming from one frugal person to another you will feel even more motivated when you realize how great you look in a pair of pants that fit correctly. Belk's, Penny's,Sears stores like these. are having some great sales right now making room for winter merchandise and I spent a total of $50 today and ended up with 3 pair of nice pants and a blouse. That's right at $12 an item!!! So go splurge a little on yourself but don't buy an entire wardrobe.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!