Okay, okay.... I need help.

Options
Hello everyone,
I'm rejoining the quest to lose weight. I've yo-yo'd all my life. I'm currently 278 lbs. I need to lose at least 35 to make my doctor happy. I'm going to shoot for 225 lbs. I was around 235 lbs. two years ago. back up to 275 lbs. then back down to 255 lbs.

I know I'm a stress eater and I have a sweet tooth. I tell myself I'll do better this time....

Replies

• Sugarhiccup03
    Sugarhiccup03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I did the same thing for several years until finally this time I put my foot down and I'm making a lifestyle change not just losing weight. What did it for me was health issues and well I'm tired I being fat lol.
  • Rogsman
    Rogsman Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Friend me if you want - started out at 250, now 209 with a goal of 180. Same sweet tooth problem. I log daily and visit several times a day.
  • hymescs
    hymescs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm a stress eater and I have a sweet tooth. Not to mention, I've been on a year-long plateau. What's worked for me recently are a bunch of things.. I try to make something really healthy - savory.. i.e. I can have 1/2 a sweet potato with cinnamon and butter on it, and that does me right as snack... ommm.. better than my usual apple pie a la mode. Another thing I reach for are those flavored sugar free selzer waters... and then head out for a nice walk to loosen up. I have a fitbit, so that's been motivating me to find ways to get a certain amount of steps in. It's not easy, but I've found for me, making little changes do yield results.
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    you have donr it before so you know you can do it all again. good luck to you. its a long journey :):flowerforyou:
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I find that logging my food helps me when I get the urge to eat ooey gooey stuff. just the fact of realizing the relative calories in food helps me make better decisions on what to eat.
  • williamparker4
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm really hoping to make a real change in my lifestyle this time.
  • salholloway
    salholloway Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know that yo yo thing all too well...... I have lost weight and then put it all back on and a little extra besides. New start though!!
  • jonetpwhite
    jonetpwhite Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Just take it one day at a time. It helps me to ask myself, "Am I stressed, or am I hungry?" If i'm stressed I do something else besides eat.