LOW-Carb anyone?

Options
Is there anyone doing low carb is so can you help me and give me some valuable tips. I know I can read it but it's nothing like hearing it from a real person lol

Replies

• tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    What exactly are you looking for? Meal ideas? Results?
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of low carb groups, keto, etc. Do a search and you'll find them easy enough.

I've been doing Keto since April, 25# of water weight lost (just kidding! :laugh: ) and 15 more to go.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    define "low"

...and you don't have to restrict carbs or go into ketosis to lose weight. if you're approaching "low carb" as some sort of miracle way to lose, you may be disappointed when you realize you still have calorie goals to maintain.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Take a few days or even a week to get used to the change but my best results have been from a low carb keto diet. In fact it was a very strict keto diet I followed to start with. Now back on low carbs but I made a few changes to it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options

^^This is a great place to start! I love very low carb! I feel so much better. I am eating closer to 75 g carbs/day right now because I am pregnant and this is what my doctor suggested. It really is a lifestyle change not a diet! Approaching it this way makes it much easier! Also, taking a few weeks completely off of all sweets (i.e. no artificial or other natural sweeteners) is difficult but the cravings will go away much quicker! It definitely takes a few weeks to feel great on the diet because of going through the change from carbs as fuel to fat as fuel. Make sure that if you are going to start eating low carb, do your research. Either with a doctor or nutritionist is best but if you can't do this part, seriously read everything you can get your hands on. You have to make sure your macros are correct, you are getting enough water and enough electrolytes. Do not think this is a quick, easy way to lose weight. It is not nearly as easy or quick for most people as it might seem. I was losing about an average of .5 lbs per week eating low carb and every day was a bit of a struggle. But if you can view this as a lifestyle change and you work at it, the longer you go the easier it is and the better you will feel! I do highly recommend this lifestyle and I know many, many people who feel better from it.

It is also amazing for anyone who has insulin resistance(me) and/or has diabetes or is pre-diabetic (also me)!

Check out these links for more info:

http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

Check out the side bar in particular for this one: www.reddit.com/r/keto

http://eatingacademy.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkdFkPxxDG8
  • FromFat2Phat2013
    Options
    everything ;)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    everything ;)