At home work outs!

Options
2»

Replies

• killthesmiley
    killthesmiley Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have two kids, in a temp single status, work out side the home as well as online lol...I love the on demand videos on cable, they can range from 5 minutes to 30 and they even have some geared towards kids so my youngest will do "baby goga" as she puts it with mommy :P
    I want to get the p90x after christmas but I'm worried about finding the time to do it.

Up here in the great white north *cough* canada lol ....I think some of the bigger cities have On Demand Exercise channels unfortunately out here on the east coast we don't have anything like that yet *note to self....email to cable provider as to why??*

The only way I found time to do the p90x is after i got the kids to bed. I did a really quick clean up, put on the laundry and did the video. Switched the laundry. Continued the video/cool down. I'm hoping to get back into this routine this time around
  • want2behealthy
    want2behealthy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like Denise Austin's Pilates and Yoga, it's not too tough, you do break a sweat. And your core will be so sore. Its gets deep in the belly muscles :) Good Luck
  • want2behealthy
    want2behealthy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    whats the name of your zumba tape
  • killthesmiley
    Options
    I'm not 100% what they are called, but google Zumba. You'll find a lot of information
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    Try the Slim N 6 series from Beach Body. I love at home workouts and it is my favorite.:flowerforyou:
    Slim in 6 and Slim Series are my favorites too! I like P90X too, but not as much as the Slim Series, which has lots more for your legs and butt. :bigsmile:
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I love to dance too and my favorite workouts are Zumba and Shaun T Rockin' Body.. good calorie burn and after nearly 4 months, I am still not bored with either one. As soon as I lose 3 more lbs, I am rewarding myself with Shaun's Hip Hop Abs workout.
  • GinaKiss89
    Options
    Do you have a Wii game console? My daughter and I play with the Wii FIT and have a ball! There is yoga, balance, and cardio all in the setup of the games. Completing certain actions opens more options such as additional yoga moves, a different balance game, etc. Each "game" is 1-3 minutes to begin with, then moves up. I can work up a good sweat and have a blast at the same time.

I don't have a Wii ... (thats a long story lmao!)

But I will eventually get another one, and I definitely plan on getting the Wii Fit
    I am so afraid to ask! I threw my arm out playing virtual baseball when we first got the console. How freakin' embarrassing!
  • knakau
    knakau Posts: 29
    Options
    I have bought a book 15 Minute home Workout with a DVD has 20 different express exercises, only just got it yet to use it though! www.dk.com
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i'm doing the 30 day slimdown program of jillian michaels so i'll see how she does me at the end of the month....lol...so far i've been losing pounds so she's helping me in the right direction...lol

it consists of her 3 videos:
    30 day shred
    burn fat, boost metabolism
    no more trouble zones

even though i have the dvds i do the ON DEMAND from comcast...
  • killthesmiley
    Options
    I'm going to hit up a major work out today (seeing this is the SECOND DAY! I went over my Cal limit :angry: )

I'm going to hunt down some Zumba, maybe give that a try, with some of my own major warm ups and cool downs

do you guys know of any free (*legal*) web sites out there with great work out videos?
  • zumba66girl
    Options
    Just wanted you to know I love my Zumba classes....I take them on Mondays and Wednesdays right after work and they are a real good cardio workout......It is a 7 week session and will just keep renewing after 7 weeks and I plan to take them all through the winter and spring to look great next summer.
  • killthesmiley
    Options
    Just wanted you to know I love my Zumba classes....I take them on Mondays and Wednesdays right after work and they are a real good cardio workout......It is a 7 week session and will just keep renewing after 7 weeks and I plan to take them all through the winter and spring to look great next summer.

There are a few Zumba classes around here, but again...don't have the time :(:( But i'm going to track down some videos :)
    It really grew in popularity here over the summer when the local universities attempted to break the world record of largest and longest Zumba class. It was pretty fun!
  • zumba66girl
    Options
    I also have the Zumba tapes for home use so I will be doing those when the snow is outside and very very cold......lol. Good weekend activity along with WII fit....I love the obstacle course.