Low Calorie Stuffed Jalapeno Recipe

Options
taramhouston
taramhouston Posts: 12 Member
My aunt recently made me some delicious stuffed jalapeno peppers. I modified her recipe using a few lower calorie ingredients and they turned out awesome! Here's my recipe:

Low Calorie Stuffed Jalapenos (makes approximately 30-40 pepper halves)

Ingredients:
15-20 jalapeno peppers
1 8oz package of neufchatel cheese (low fat cream cheese)
1Ib Italian chicken sausage
1 cup shredded lite Mexican blend cheese
1-2 chopped green onions
Garlic Salt
Pepper

Directions:
Cut off tops and slice jalapenos in half. Scoop out seeds/membrane of jalapenos (I recommend wearing gloves). Brown sausage in skillet and season with garlic salt and pepper. Drain sausage. Mix together neufchatel cheese, shredded cheese, chopped onions, and browned sausage. Scoop mixture into jalapeno halves and bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until filling is bubbly and browning on top.

Nutrition (1 stuffed jalapeno half): Per Serving: 46 calories, 4 carbs, 4g fat, and 4g protein.

2n6hwsx.jpg

*Edited to include picture

Replies

• teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I might be drooling, thanks for sharing!
  • gbpacker001
    gbpacker001 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This looks and sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing!
  • Chevymomma1226
    Options
    definitely gonna try this soon...thx!!!
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy...and it would probably be really good in a mushroom or tomato, too.
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Speaking of mushrooms, wonder how it would taste with mushrooms instead of sausage? I make something like that but I put the stuffed jalapeno's on an egg mixture and bake it. Mmmmmm, then when I'm rushed in the mornings (like every one of them) I can grab that and head out the door and eat breakfast at work instead of home. Gotta have my eggs!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    this does look amazing. however i do not enjoy sausage but im sure i can find a replacement meat. yuM!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    omg yum.
  • 2015KMV
    2015KMV Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I make mine by filing the jalapeno with light sour cream and taco meat - topped with shredded cheddar ....yummy!

I also had some camping once that the neighbor made...she used cream cheese mixed with real bacon pieces - and those were delicious as well! :love:
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    bump. awesome!
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I hate you, now I'm hungry and it's not lunch time yet. On a more serious note, thats a great idea. I made some this weekend pretty much the same way minus the chicken sausage. And I didn't wear the gloves, boy did I regret that!
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    sounds good, a must try, thanks for sharing....
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Uh... YUUUUUUMMMM!:love: Oh yeah, SOOOO making these this weekend! Thanks for sharing!:flowerforyou: