Smoke Free- 2 years!!

Options
It's been almost two years since I ended my dreaded habit. Now..I've lost weight and currently on the verge of getting my GED. I feel so accomplished!

Replies

• FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Wow! You have accomplished so much! I am very proud of you for all, especially polishing off that GED. Your education is something that no one can ever take away from you. The sky is the limit for you! :heart: Thanks for sharing and inspiring others with your ambition and high goals. Keep us posted on your accomplishments! :)
  • Bosslady11611362
    Options
    Job well done! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Well done on both. Giving up the poison sticks is the best move you can have made, losing weight on top of that is a fantastic accomplishment.

I did in April 2008, unfortunately too late as I've since been struck with emphysema at the age of 42. No one knows why I have early onset emphysema but it can happen to anyone. My advice to any smokers, quit now while you're ahead
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    It's been almost two years since I ended my dreaded habit. Now..I've lost weight and currently on the verge of getting my GED. I feel so accomplished!
    You are accomplished and now that you have the hard stuff done you can relax and enjoy
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    YAY good for you!!!

-Chancy
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Well done on both. Giving up the poison sticks is the best move you can have made, losing weight on top of that is a fantastic accomplishment.

Poison sticks! LOL I've never heard it called that, but I LIKE it! :laugh:

Cat, I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Hopefully people get your message!

In March, it will have been 7 years since I quit... and that's how I gained most of this weight, but I'd rather be fat than smell like that. I still get a craving once in a while, but the smell of cigarette smoke makes me GAG!

Foxy~ Congrats on one heck of an accomplishment!
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    Options
    wow, congrats, that is awesome.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratuations on your progess!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all the positive changes to your life!! That is SO good! Keep it up!! :)
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Wayyyyyyy to go for you! How exciting....and inspiring to others! Keep up the good work!

I quit smoking 13 years ago....the day I found out I was pregnant with my oldest. I didn't want to be a mommy who smoked. :) Several years ago I had gone through a bad breakup with a fella and I begged a friend to give me a cigarette. I smoke it and then spent the night throwing up. My body completely rejected it. After that I have never once had another craving for a smoke. That cured me permanently! I can't even stand to be around it.

Good luck to you as you continue your journey! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!