I am newish here :0

Options
Hi everyone, My name is Aisha and I started this site a while back hoping to maintain my calorie intake and lose some weight!

I am changing weight from 169-172lbs roughly. Like at one point I was 165lbs and then went back up to 174... so it's really all over the place! I am 5 foot 2 inches and 19 years old. 20 in April.

I woke up one day and looked at old photos of me from a long time ago. I was so fat and just plain ugly and it's not a life for a teen to have. I decided this is it. I am going to do it. I swear I must of been at least 180 something lbs and Ive lost some over the year as ive improved my diet.

I still am at a loss where to start on really shedding those pounds and keeping them off. I know every diet and lifestyle tip in the book yet it's so hard getting started on it all and sticking to it. I want to lose enough so that I lose my belly, arm and leg fat ect. I just want to be thin... but not stick thin and wear the clothes ive always wanted to!
I live with my mom only and we find it hard to balance what we do and pay for. I don't have a job and mom works for very little and we cant afford fancy fresh foods every week.
Some days I will go out and some I stay at home all day and do nothing and then there is days I will do 10 minute zumba in the evening.
How many calories should I be eating every day? I will try my best to cut down if I am going over...
when I use my calorie counter I never go over though so I hope that's a good thing ^_^
Anyway I am just rambling on. I am not sure what else to say.. ask any questions if you need to know more~
Nice to meet you all :)

Replies

• darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi Aisha, welcome to MFP.
    As i always say it's not only about how many calories you take, but also which type of calories :P
    MFP calculate for you how many you should eat daily, make sure you stay under that cap, and try and make sure you also burn some calories everyday (35 mins of a walk or run are enough).

Best of luck with your goals!
  • MiuNya
    MiuNya Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much for the advice!
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is me trying to make friends on MFP:

rT82z0y.gif

I suggest working with your doctor to set a calorie goal.

Beyond that, there is a formula for losing weight: 1) eat less, 2) move more, and 3) repeat.

It's simple but requires blood, sweat and tears.
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    hey Aisha, wish you all the best and keep at it and you will succeed ^_^

PS. Ive always loved the name Aisha/ Aiesha lol my bro named his car Aishu lol