any motorcyclists?

Options
1235»

Replies

• AndyTwoSlow
    Options
    I like how your bike looks cafed. What kind of a bike is it? My ex has a KTM990 which was very comfortable for long rides. I am hoping to own a Triumph someday. :happy:

Ducati Monster with the baby 620 engine. I wanted the bigger bike but insurance and gas mileage pointed me at the smaller engine. Since then I've put the 'big bike' forks and shock on it, two sorely needed upgraded on ducs.

Triumph Scrambler is on my short list for the next bike, but I do like the new KTM 990SMT.
  • AndyTwoSlow
    Options
    I am still on my Yamaha YBR 125 as I have only complated my A full licence last week... Cannot wait for some money to be available for a *real* bike! Thinking yellow SV650... Any ideas or suggestions?

middle weight twin like a sv will feel like a bigger bike with the oomph down low, without having to wring it's neck to get some thrust like an midweight I4.
    SV is a great bike, the only thing lacking, like a lot of middel-road bikes, is the suspension. The good news is, the SV are like legos and it's just a matter of finding some GSXR forks/front end or a ZX rear shock to make it perform like a much higher spec'd bike.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Ninja 500ex , Black with red neon here :P

Fantastic bike, we call it the GPZ500 over here in the UK, I've got a Kawasaki ER5 which has the detuned version of your engine in it! =) Been on the back of an EX though, absolutely phenomenal ;D
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I am still on my Yamaha YBR 125 as I have only complated my A full licence last week... Cannot wait for some money to be available for a *real* bike! Thinking yellow SV650... Any ideas or suggestions?

middle weight twin like a sv will feel like a bigger bike with the oomph down low, without having to wring it's neck to get some thrust like an midweight I4.
    SV is a great bike, the only thing lacking, like a lot of middel-road bikes, is the suspension. The good news is, the SV are like legos and it's just a matter of finding some GSXR forks/front end or a ZX rear shock to make it perform like a much higher spec'd bike.

My first bike was an SV. I loved the way it ran and everything but at the end of the day I just wasn't willing to sink the money into upgrading the suspension, so I sold it and bought a supersport. I probably would have gone a different route if my SV were a 2nd gen model (1st gens don't have much of an aftermarket unfortunately). If you do plan on getting an SV, get a 2nd gen. The aftermarket is much more plentiful.