Celeb Bodies You Admire

Options
I just recently read a post in the general discussions about how so many people look at unhealthy celebrity bodies as the ideal body shape and standard. We're all too aware of the anorexic, drug abusers splashed across the gossip pages, but I wanted to see which celebrities most people admire physically.

I just wanted to say that I think Catherine Heigl has a great body, and it's close enough to my body frame and size that I can look up to her as an ideal. She's curvy, tall, and looks athletic. I love Grey's anatomy like a lot of women, and she looks normal when compared to Ellen Pompeo and Sandra Oh.

I admire her because not only is she beautiful, but she's got some meat on her bones.

Who do you guys admire?

Replies

• Stepho84
    Options
    I just recently read a post in the general discussions about how so many people look at unhealthy celebrity bodies as the ideal body shape and standard. We're all too aware of the anorexic, drug abusers splashed across the gossip pages, but I wanted to see which celebrities most people admire physically.

I just wanted to say that I think Catherine Heigl has a great body, and it's close enough to my body frame and size that I can look up to her as an ideal. She's curvy, tall, and looks athletic. I love Grey's anatomy like a lot of women, and she looks normal when compared to Ellen Pompeo and Sandra Oh.

I admire her because not only is she beautiful, but she's got some meat on her bones.

Who do you guys admire?
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Rachel Ray- shows you can have a butt and still look good and Cindy Crawford
  • pritybrwneyez
    Options
    Jessica Biel, Angela Bassett, Madonna, Mary J. Blige...pretty much all the celebs who are a healthy body weight.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Jullian Michaels and Kim Lyons They are the Biggest Loser girls.
    Jullian is proof positive that people can be fit with work.
    I also like the dancers on Dancing with the stars.
    You can not be unhealthy and dance like that.
    --Diann...
  • Christy421
    Options
    definitely jessica biel....and jessica alba! they look healthy, not ridiculously skinny like a lot of celebs today.
  • Delindy
    Delindy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sarah Johansson is considered a "curvy" lady. Not what I have in mind as curvy, but definitely a healthy weight celebrity to admire.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have been wracking my brain and haven't come up with anything yet...... It seems wrong that it should be this hard.

However, I just watched CNN Headline News report about this and there were many kudo's given to Tyra Banks - especially following the hurling of insults she received after being photographed in her swimsuit. She then wore the swimsuit on her show and stated that she felt that as a 5'10" woman weighing 160 pounds she was attractive and sexy. I admire her for doing that.

I should say that I think that Kate Winslet is gorgeous and I love her figure. So maybe that would be it.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    If I could trade with anyone, it would be Serena Williams.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    If I could trade with anyone, it would be Serena Williams.

Same here! She has a good deal of muscle mass and a great deal of athleticism. :happy:
  • chepic
    chepic Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have thought of Kate Winslet, but you're absolutely right! She is curvy, not skinny. I might have her body type, if not her size. Unfortunately, I'm considerably (like 30 years) older and body parts have a tendency to shift downward as we get older:laugh:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I feel like something is wrong with me because the celebrity I would want to look like is Eva Longoria and she's like a size 00.
  • alymarest
    alymarest Posts: 115
    Options
    i like Scarlett Johanson, Maralyn Monroe, Uma Thurman, Heidi Klum, Gwan stefani, and David Beckham:heart: (MMMMMMM).
    Umm i've realized that i can't spell names so OOOPs if some of these names are spelled wrong:blushing:
  • amandastamey
    amandastamey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If I could trade I would have Beyonce's body cuz she is bootylicious!! :tongue:
  • tonidemeza
    Options
    Super model Gisele Bündchen & Nicole Scherzinger of the ***** Cat Dolls
  • tonidemeza
    Options
    Super model Gisele Bündchen & Nicole Scherzinger of the ***** Cat Dolls

That is so funny that the website bleeped the P word...LMAO!!
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I prefer the "curvier" celeb bodies - especially Scarlett Johansson, Kate Winslet, Catherine Zeta Jones and Selma Hayek.
  • dinosgirl
    Options
    Oh - and I also want to say how much I admire Jennifer Love Hewitt and how she handled those "fat" photos of herself. In my opinion, she looked fine - in fact, I'd say if she were a "regular" woman on the beach others would have been admiring her healthy figure. Just because she is a celebrity she is not allowed to have a few extra pounds or mushy areas? Please!
  • bethlibby
    Options
    I think that Eva Mendes is an ideal body type. She is curvy, actually has a butt, and she doesn't look sick. She looks like she eats but exercises too. =)=)
  • dinosgirl
    Options
    Oh and I have to throw this one in - Britney Spears pre-K-Fed. Back in the day she had a killer body. Definitely one I would strive for.
  • lovableditz
    Options
    Adriana Lima, Mischa Barton, Kate Bosworth, Angelia Jolie
    also i don't think Ellen Pompeo has an unreastic body. She claims she eats 3000 calories a day.