literaly just ate a pound worth of food ... Feeling hopeless

Options
I just ate a pound worth of food . I ate a whole big box of cereal . fries and some pringles .. All added up to exactly 3500 calories . I feel hopelessss . And full of regret . How can i get back on track ? NEED MOTIVATION

Replies

• missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    take responsibility for what you did. just own it and move on. don't wait for tomorrow to come to "start".. go for a walk or something. don't beat yourself up you get stronger along the way.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Really. Motivation cannot come from any other source outside yourself. You can limit temptation by never letting yourself get hungry and clearing your home of food that is not part of your plan. Good luck!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day! You obviously understand what you ate was not good for your goal. So what now? Get out and exercise a bit and stay on track the rest of the week. I can say a million cheesy motivations lines but truth is you have to want this. You know you can do this. It was one meal cheat........move on!! :smile:
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It's about progress, not perfection. Tomorrow's a new day.

Figure out what led you to binge and work on avoiding or building resistance to it. I would also suggest planning and making meals in advance. When I have somethings that I enjoy (chicken, beef, whatever) already made that I can just heat up, I find it much easier to avoid strong cravings. Also, I would suggest not to cut out all the things you enjoy. That can lead to binging as well. Just work on incorporating them into your diet in appropriate portions.

Binging, while not a great thing to do, isn't that bad, unless you let it convince you to stop trying. Accept what happened, learn from it, and work to improve in the future.

Good luck!
  • aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Think about if for a second before getting hopeless. 3500 calories is just 1lb...not 20. Your not going to double in size because of 3500 calories. Tomorrow is a new day and another shot at getting it right. It might also help if you can determine why you felt the need to eat as much as you did. If something is bothering you that always leads to stress eating and if It is because you got bored, try to change up your routine. I use to be a food addict and I use to be an emotional eater. Don't stress it and don't give up.
  • bethjennifer
    bethjennifer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree-take responsibility for the binge. It's good you tracked it so the reality of the calories is there. I binged last night on pretzels and Nutella. My mind was shouting no, no, stop, don't do this, but i just couldn't -I was out of control. I got back on track today and have resolved not to have a repeat today. My plan is to drink water until i feel sick before i start snacking on unwanted food. I also threw away the rest of the Nutella. Strategies are important because the temptations will always be there. Don't beat yourself up - this is only one day in the rest of your life- I will say a little prayer for you. Good Luck
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,140 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mttbvrPq0K1sj3oxho1_500.jpg

You ate it. Fine. Start again tomorrow.
  • RawIndian
    RawIndian Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do is to get rid of all the foods you dont want to eat from your home. Keep lots of fruits for snacking purposes.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Well 3500 minus how much calories you burn from being alive, so you'll probably only gain like 1/2 pound.