80 cal. Fettucini Alfredo and more!!!!!

Options
Everyone here has probably heard of hungry-girl.com, well it's fabulous. Anyway, they just posted their TOP 8 MUST HAVE ITEMS. I plan on buying them all, they are low cal and she has recipes for them all, including.... an 80 calorie fettucini alfredo - WHAT!?!? I'm in love. Anyway, I just wanted to share my joy and this link .... hope yall like it!!!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/girls/biteoutdetails.php?isid=912

:heart: Jolean

Replies

• Estrie123
    Options
    I am so going to try that recipe!! Thanks for posting the link :)
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • joleanrook
    Options
    You are so welcome, I can't wait to try it either!! I am so excited that I went ahead and bought the noodles online (whole foods is kind of far from my house)... I am anxiously awaiting their arrival so I can scarf them down!!!! I'm also going to try sprinkling the Fiber One on top of casseroles, in salads, and as crusting for chicken/fish. I am so glad I found this list.

YUM YUM YUM!!!
  • Katiekat1182
    Katiekat1182 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • joleanrook
    Options
    OMG.... ok... this recipe is also from Hungry girl and I just made it, it is so good!! Here is my post:

I just fell in love with a new breakfast recipe. Hot-dog-Scamble!
    It only has 221 calories and 20g of protein! (Which means you will burn roughly 200 of those calories just trying to break down the protein!)

whisk 1 tsp of mustard and 1 tsp of ketchup into 1/2 cup of 100% liquid egg white substitute and scramble. In separate pan (or before hand) brown up 1 chopped all beef hotdog (use non stick spray - no calories ;). Add hotdog pieces to eggs when finishing and then plate. THESE ARE SO GOOD! I had them for dinner. Salt & pepper to taste.
    You can buy lower cal hot dogs (I think I will) and eat even more of this! I'M HOOKED!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Def Bumping this!!
  • joleanrook
    Options
    Just got my noodles in the mail. I will be making the fettucini tonight, I'll let yall know how it turns out!! :happy:
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for posting this. I'm surprised galeo's salad dressing didn't make the list given it is rich and delicious but only 20 cals per serving. I will have to try that cheese.
    I get the shirataki noodles at my local asain store or whole foods for a little over a dollar a bag. They have a strange smell when you open them that goes away with rinsing. I haven't tried them as a creamy pasta, but they are delicious and filling in any stir fry concoction (I like lean ground beef sauteed with those noodles and lots of veggies). They don't have a taste of their own per se, but absorb the flavors of your sauce.
  • joleanrook
    Options
    Cutmd: I totally agree. So the fettucini alfredo itself was great (I added garlic to the recipe).
    The noodles.... they do have a terrible fish smell when you open the bag but after rinsing that's totally gone.
    After microwaving they still have a bit of a rubbery crunch but not bad at all, the taste is just like regular noodles so with a good sauce I think it's going to work out great as a long term solution to those high calorie pastas!!!
  • joleanrook
    Options
    FYI, I ordered the spaghetti style noodles too. Just had them last night - WONDERFUL!!

I made spaghetti with Ragu no sugar added tomato basil, Buffalo (bison) instead of hamburger meat, and these tofu noodles. It was so freaking good. I felt like I was cheating. I even took 1 slice of low cal bread, toasted it added brummel & brown yogurt butter, garlic, and mortins lite salt so I could have garlic bread!

It was by far one of the best dinners I've had since I've been dieting (1 month today!), and it only cost me 328 calories. It was very filling and oh-so-yummy.