Help!!!

Options
So last year I was the smallest that I have ever been in my life...186 pounds. I loved it! But then I hit a depression and gained ten pounds back, then I got sick and because of medication I gained another 20 pounds. I have been trying on and off since march to get this weight off but every time something makes me just stop. Please give me your advice to help me keep at it!!! I really appreciate it!

Replies

• dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Focus on something other than weight loss. Try setting a goal of taking a 30 minute walk each day, getting in 5 servings of fruits and veggies, 8 glasses of water. Pick 1 thing each week and then ad on another the next week and then the next and eventually you won't slip. Good luck!
    I'm pretty good ad encouragement so feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • If you got to 186 before you can do it again. Drink lots of water. I as well went down and then lost my job got sad gained some back. I get hungry at night. So I eat vegetables and fruit. Go for walks. I hope your depression gets better. Life sucks at times. Keep your head up.
  • ericarfloyd
    ericarfloyd Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Me too! Just cannot find my motivation either! I'm good for two days and then something happens to get me out of my routine and it sucks! It takes so long to get back into it! After watching my Grandmother pass away due to diabetes complications, I was so focuses. Then, like you, in July 12 had some medical problems where I couldn't walk (much less exercise). This past January was told I was losing my job in April. Just started a job this week so starting on Monday I'm getting back to itand I will lose the weight I have gained by spring!

Remember, exercise will help with the depression.

There's a group under support and motivation section of the boards doing a fitness challenge. Enter how many minutes of cardio you plan to do next week and then log it on your post! This may help motivate you since you know others will be checking your progress! Maybe something to look into
    Starts on Monday.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i'm sure i'm echoing some of the previous points but what has fueled my current weight loss is i was dumped a month and a half ago now i've always been bigger than my exes and it may not be for the best reason but what fuels my workout is to lose the weight so i can stick in their face and show them what they're missing the point i'm making is find a motivation something that no matter what gets you going when i'm upset in any way now i go to the gym i don't go grab some food or grab some alchol i go workout till i can't move it's helped me maybe it will help you