What am I doing wrong?

Options
Hi, I know for all of you who've been stuck on a plateau for like a month will probably find this post pretty frustrating (!), but after a consistent 2lbs loss a week for the first 3 weeks I seem to have stalled... in about 10 days I've only lost 1/2 a pound, and I was wondering if anyone could flick through my diary and tell me if I'm doing anything wrong? I know that it's natural for the loss to slow down, and that's absolutely fine. I was hoping for 1-1.5lbs a week tho, and that's what I should be getting considering my calorie deficit! If it's just a temporary blip then that's fine but if I'm starting to plateau I'd prefer to know now so I can make some changes asap!
Thank you for any help :smile:

ps. I know sometimes I go under my calories but I'm pretty sure I underestimate what I eat sometimes, so I leave a little to make up for possible mistakes

Replies

• clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I think part of the issue might be that you are not eating enough, but I don't know enough to be an expert on that! :smile:

One thing that isn't in your diary is how much you are drinking - are you drinking enough water? If not, it could be that you are retaining fluid. I find that the weeks that I lose weight are the ones in which I am drinking 2 to 3 litres of water a day.

C
  • squishyfishy
    Options
    I know it sounds a bit mad but try eating more of your calories, I find that in order to actually lose anything I need to eat all of my calories and at least half of any I earn from exercise. There are other factors that might have effected you since its just 1 week. Are you due on? My weigh can fluctuate by as much as 5lbs at TOTM. Sometimes your body can just get used to things and varying food and exercise can help too.

Don't lose heart its only one week.
  • mazb81
    mazb81 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey Maxine I'm no expert but from looking at your diary it does seem like are burning calories at a rate of noughts but not fuelling your body enough with food to allow your metabolism to work as it should! From experience when I've done maybe 6 gym classes in the week and not ate all my calories then I tend to stay the same or even put on and it's really frustrating however weeks where I gun it at the gym and eat all my calories and sometimes overeat then I lose!! Everyone is different though so you've just got to see what works for you! Another thing you may be experiencing is weight transference! Your fat is turning to muscle to equals it out when you step on the scales - you should maybe take your measurements and see if you notice you are losing inches instead of pounds! Mx
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I would be increasing healthy fats and lowering carbs a bit.