Going to a buffet tonight >.<

Options
Since I'm there is a huge chance of me going to a buffet today I decided to weigh in today rather than tomorrow.
I weighed in at 105.4 today which means I haven't gained or loss my weight this week but that's okay because its the first week I've truly been trying to eat above 1200 calories a day so I thought I'd gain if anything.
Well what do you guys think I should do? Allow myself to binge at this buffet or try to control myself? I'm so close to my UGW of 105 that I don't want to mess it up with a binge but I'm also trying to learn to eat normally again and I know that somedays you're going to overeat and this may be an example of that day. IDK >.< What should I do guys?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Eat the food an move on.

And why in the world is your caloric goal only 1200 calories? You're talking about only wanting to lose .4 lbs. That's like... a bowel movement. You should be eating WAY more than 1200 calories a day.

I recommend visiting http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ to see how much you should be eating.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    just dont weigh yourself tomorrow
  • ANDREWBRIAN
    ANDREWBRIAN Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't do it if I went to a buffet I would have know self control good luck
  • splixi
    splixi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sounds weird but at a buffet you always seem to want to fill your plate/s. I use a bread and butter plate/the entre plate....that way I eat a lot less ;)
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Just eat. Unless you consume like 6000+ calories in one meal you're not going to gain anything AT ALL, the scale will change due to water weight from any high salt foods you eat, then in 2-4 days you'll be right back to where you started or less just by drinking lots of water to flush out the excess salt. Quit stressing and enjoy the buffet.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Eat like a boss.
    I'd go eat all the chicken and steak and ice cream. There is so much good stuff there, I can consume over 6000 calories easy peasy. Eat peas too. If this is a one time deal, it doesn't matter.

Your goals also say you are trying to put on muscle. You are going to have to eat a lot more than 1200 a day for that, and at 105lbs, whats your height?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Personally a buffet binge just doesn't sound worth it to me if you're that close to your goal weight. You seem to have worked really hard for this, and while you certainly deserve some enjoyment I doubt you'll feel that great the next day after a "binge", as you put it, which isn't normal eating. Rather than going crazy there why don't you challenge yourself to enjoy food in moderation and put your portion control to the test in this type of environment? Fill up on veggies, and enjoy a reasonable portion of other foods, and maybe have a small snack. Rather than aiming to either lose weight or gain weight from this place, why can't you try to maintain? That way you get to enjoy yourself, not feel sick, and still be close to your goal? Besides, I doubt this will be the last buffet you'll go to, and with all the holidays coming up you'll have more than enough opportunities to reward yourself.
    That's just my opinion though, you worked for this so you do what you know works best for you! Good luck :)
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You are half a pound off your goal weight and worried about binge eating? jeez I can get rid of half a pound with a decent bowl movement. Go out enjoy yourself, one day is not going to kill the rest of your life. How tall are you btw? just 1200 cal and being 105lb depending on height can be very unhealthy .
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I ran a half marathon last weekend and went to an all you can eat buffet after. My stomach has adjusted to where I am in life now, and whereas I could have had three plates plus dessert before my life change, after running thirteen miles I barely stuffed down two plates of food.

I'm down over a pound yesterday's weigh-in from my pre-race weight. It's an overall pattern that'll help you fulfill your goals, not worry about a once in a while celebration. Practice making good food decisions, drink water with your dinner, have conversations with your dining companions. You'll fill up faster than you think.

Although, half a pound from your goal, you can cut the stress; you're almost there, life is grand, enjoy a little life on occasion.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Eating normally & binging are 2 different things.So if you want to eat normally,a binge isn't in your plan.
  • bob_day
    Options
    ... but I'm also trying to learn to eat normally again ....

If you want to keep the weight you lost off, you'll need to establish a "new normal".
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Eat the food an move on.

And why in the world is your caloric goal only 1200 calories? You're talking about only wanting to lose .4 lbs. That's like... a bowel movement. You should be eating WAY more than 1200 calories a day.

I recommend visiting http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ to see how much you should be eating.

This... eat ALL the foods.
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    If it was me I would take little tastes of a few things and load up on veggies. Treat yourself to a little dessert and savor it. Eat slow and enjoy the people around you. That's what getting together is for I believe, to hang out with friends and family. That's just my opinion. :bigsmile:
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Eat the food an move on.

QFT!
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    105 pounds?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Ok lets be real here!! One meal on one particular day is not going to wreck your diet..... plus OP you are only .4 lbs. away from your goal and you are only now trying to eat 1200 calories when you should easily be eating more than 1200 to begin with.... I say go eat whatever you want, enjoy every last bite, and sit down tomorrow and put together a plan to get your calories up consistently over 1200 calories and not put so much focus on the scale... You only weigh 105.4 lbs. as it is.... Best of Luck