Calories Burned in a day??

Options
I am unsure of how many calories i should burn in a day.

Basic info:
I am currently 126 pounds and in order to reach my goal weight i need to lose 6 pounds more
i consume around 1200 calories daily
I am a student so for 5 days a week, i walk at a moderate pace for about 20 minutes

i want to know how many calories i should be aiming to burn per day in order to lose 1 pound a week. 100, 200, 300??

If you could tell me or tell me how to find out, i will be very very grateful

Replies

• NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    In general, to lose 1lb a week, you need to burn 3500 calories total, so 500 cals a day. But depending on what settings you selected for your goals here on MFP (0.5lb, 1lb, 1.5lb, etc per week loss), you will already be on a deficit. So if you chose to lose 1lb a week, MFP will have already subtracted 500 calories from your TDEE. So anything you burn from exercise, you should eat back most of it, if not all.
  • RoseBlossom29
    RoseBlossom29 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help :)
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Fill in your start weight, age, height and activity level in MFP and it will tell you what it thinks you burn every day, and it will remove from that total however much you ask it to.

If you have filled out your start info, just go to your 'goals' page and see what it says for 'daily energy expenditure'.
  • RoseBlossom29
    RoseBlossom29 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you!