Tattoo ideas for arms?

Options
What tattoos do you recommend to help cover the stretch marks on forearm? 2088cci.png

Replies

• amie709
    Options
    Big tribal symbol maybe or a black panther
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    If you're willing to tattoo then why not look into fraxel, I've seen some girls stomachs that look way better.

However that stuff can look pretty nasty when healing.
  • Slumza
    Options
    If you're willing to tattoo then why not look into fraxel, I've seen some girls stomachs that look way better.

However that stuff can look pretty nasty when healing.

laser surgery too expensive
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    ?? not seeing stretch marks on forearms? Do you mean upper arm?

Other than that, what sort of things are you into? What to you like? Anything that you want to commemorate? Mean anything special to you? Style you like? Any artist you like? Have you spoken with a tattoo artist?

For example, my maiden name is Cherry. My brother is a tattoo artist. My lucky number is 4. There are 4 members of my family (mother, father, me, brother), so, my brother has tattooed 4 cherries onto my right shoulder. (see my icon - I trust my bro -obviously! - so I told him where & what, the design was up to him. Still waiting on the background...)

Trick is to make it personal.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    ?? not seeing stretch marks on forearms? Do you mean upper arm?

Other than that, what sort of things are you into? What to you like? Anything that you want to commemorate? Mean anything special to you? Style you like? Any artist you like? Have you spoken with a tattoo artist?

For example, my maiden name is Cherry. My brother is a tattoo artist. My lucky number is 4. There are 4 members of my family (mother, father, me, brother), so, my brother has tattooed 4 cherries onto my right shoulder. (see my icon - I trust my bro -obviously! - so I told him where & what, the design was up to him. Still waiting on the background...)

Trick is to make it personal.

I agree it has to be something you like because you have to live with it. i'd say go shopping around at the different tattoo shops to find what you might like
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I think black and gray looks good.

Yikes! Pic is huge. Here's the link:

http://yonizilber.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/wave3w.jpg
  • BIRD0
    BIRD0 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Get something you LOVE.

I'm currently in the process of getting a tattoo removed. My $150 tattoo that I thought I liked(at 19) will have cost around $2,000 when I'm done. If I had thought more about the tattoo before I got it, I would have used that money for laser hair removal or ipl treatment for my face. Or a number of fun things.
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Firstly, great work on the loss!

Google stretch marks and tattoos to see how a tattoo over stretch marks looks.

I also agree that you should get something that is a passion or defines you; don't get something just to cover up marks now that you make regret later.

Some ideas I've had (some in general, some I wouldn't mind to get at some point). Lightening bolts, tiger scratching/scratches, galactic sleeve, evolution of man.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    A nice 3 toed sloth is always a good choice.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Go full yakuza style
  • Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Tattoos don't cover up stretch marks.
  • Slumza
    Options
    Tattoos don't cover up stretch marks.

but blending them in with tattoos make them very less noticeable
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    think of the greatest things you've done in your life, stories, something that is just bad@ss...those are the best tats
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    think of the greatest things you've done in your life, stories, something that is just bad@ss...those are the best tats

Mine is the family logo honoring all 4 of us, my hubby, my niece, my nephew-in-law, and me. All 4 of us have the same tattoo. Hands all around with symbols for each family member, heat in the middle. Design something that has meaning for you! Something personal, not just out of a flash book.