Healthy side dishes?

Options
I'm preparing food for both my sister and myself. I'm good on main dishes and even some healthy sweet tooth options. Side dishes are what's giving me fits. I can't seem to find anything we both want that will freeze well.

What are your favorite side dishes?

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Mashed potatoes
    White rice that was cooked with a bit of chicken broth and dressed with lemon juice
    Steamed broccoli and/or carrots
    Mac n Cheese
    Mashed cauliflower
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Artichokes roasted and dipped in mayo is always going to be my first choice. I love steamed veggies with a little olive oil and herbs de provonce. One that I'm getting into lately is fennel sliced really thin and lightly sauteed. It's great. Check out this though. It'll give you ideas for years!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Side Dish Recipes

Great site in general, but I love the way she does veggies!
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes - mashed, microwaved, or sauteed with onions
    roasted veggies - brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, with EVOO and a lil salt and pepper - so tasty!

sweet toothy ideas:
    pumpkin puree + greek yogurt + cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
    avocado + banana + coco powder = mix well, refrigerate, and you've got a yummy chocolate mousse!! it's my fav fast food dessert!!
  • meach05
    Options
    Oh my goodness thank you all so much for the ideas (and the link!)

I'm going to check it out for sure. It's amazing I got an actual response to my question, I'm a member of another site and had a similar question (as well as a few other questions mainly about workout playlists and what was your go to songs) and I couldn't get 1 reply. Guess I'm just not part of the cool group :laugh:
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Anything rice, spinach, collard greens, broccoli.

If you need a pasta, use the Lipton sides or macaroni and cheese, but switch for lower fat milk and light butter!