40+ and I don't know what happened

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm new to MFP. Just started on Sept. 26, 2013.
I don't know what happened. I got a new job in 2010. At that time I was 140 lbs. I was still above my ideal weight of around 135 (according to BMI table); but I felt great. Last year, I went to the doctor and the scale read 180 (and I'm only 5'2"). My clothes didn't fit anymore, I got tired while walking from my driveway to my front door and I started snoring. My husband told me that he was tired of me "getting loud" with him at night. Around May of 2013, I decided to get back into shape.

Now I try to do, at least, 30 minutes on my elliptical machine everyday and do strength training on my Total Gym a few times per week. As of today, I'm down to 160; but sometimes I feel like taking a break. However, I know that if I take a break, I'm going to eat all of those fattening foods and stop exercising. I joined MFP because I am looking for that extra motivation to get to my goal. I also believe that with all of working together and motivating each other, it wouldn' make reaching our goal feel like a chore.

Replies

• james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Your among good people here. My wife is losing weight after being over 230 lbs for the past 5 years, over 200 lbs for 15 years. She is now currently 211 lbs and counting down, shes excited and this site is the reason behind her success.
  • 1968samuel
    1968samuel Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 45 and don't know what happened either! Lol. I'm sending you a friend request!
  • sbrown227
    sbrown227 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support.
  • geraldinekieser1
    Options
    Hi! I know what you mean about taking a break...I took a break and my break lasted 2 mos. - not good at all...now I am back in the wagon and I told myself no more breaktime. Lol. I got back to walking this pass Mon. doing 30 mins of walking.
    So welcome aboard. :)
  • Timothy1962
    Options
    Yes, too many are under the misconception that diet and exercise are activities to participate until you finish your goals. The fact is you don't need to reach "goals" other than they are simply milestones achieved by living a NEW lifestyle to bring a change in your health, fitness, and "quality" of life!
  • joek5637
    joek5637 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP you will find a lot of great people on here an they will cheer you on I know I have so again welcome to MFP an good luck:happy:
  • BNS90
    BNS90 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hello. :) I am also new to MFP. I have always been overweight but nothing compared to what I weigh now. I have been gaining weight steadily for the past few years. I just developed bad habits like drinking too much pop, eating at night, and not exercising regularly. But now I am determined to lose weight for good. Good luck to you and feel free to add me.
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 40+ club and along with James' wife, I'm loving this site, great MFP friends, and having continued success as I drop the weight and finally know I can achieve my goal and get below 200 (where I've been for over 15 years). Feel free to add me!
  • AnotherOrangeCat
    Options
    Some people say that 40+ is what happened. I don't know, but it certainly happened to me too. Sending you a friend request :)
  • RunningForeverMama
    Options
    Yes, too many are under the misconception that diet and exercise are activities to participate until you finish your goals. The fact is you don't need to reach "goals" other than they are simply milestones achieved by living a NEW lifestyle to bring a change in your health, fitness, and "quality" of life!

ITA, very well said!