Excess skin

Options
Hi, all:
What do you do to tighten lose skin? I have been weight lifting for a year and a half or so and still have quite a bit of excess skin. Any recommendations are appreciated!

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    If you have had the excess skin for a year and a half, odds are that it will not tighten back up at this point. (someone correct me if I am wrong, please) You may need to consult a surgeon who specializes in excess skin removal.
  • Myrtle1309
    Myrtle1309 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Depending on your age and skin's elasticity, it may be that the only way to truly get rid of excess skin is to have it surgically done.
    That being said, if you are young (35 and under), and if you lose weight slowly, your skin should have enough elasticity to bounce back in time. Spanx are a wonderful invention for "tightening up" loose skin and making you look better in your clothes. And anyone you love enough to let them see you naked should not care if you have a little loose skin! :tongue:
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    if you don't mind sharing - what is your weight and height?

loose skin in most cases is loose fat or simply more fat you have to lose,

what is loose skin really? pinch the skin on the back of your wrist where in most people it's really thin. that on the back of yoru wrist is loose skin which is not that thick.

now if you pinch anywhere else on your body and it's thicker than that then you simply need to lose more fat
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Shea butter is the cheap option. Strivectin helps tighten skin and reduce the appearance of stretch marks, but it's about $100 a tube....and then there's surgery. What you need will really depend on the severity of your stretch marks in those areas.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    If you have had the excess skin for a year and a half, odds are that it will not tighten back up at this point. (someone correct me if I am wrong, please) You may need to consult a surgeon who specializes in excess skin removal.

Agreed at this point you may want to consider at least talking to a plastic surgeon.... this is what I had to do and ended up having 17 lbs. of excess skin removed from my torso.... Best of Luck OP
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Yup surgery I had to have it done as well
  • MensEtSalvere2013
    MensEtSalvere2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input/suggestions :)