Lost weight and my identity. Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I can relate and I've only lost 25 of my 70 odd extra kilos... apparently the first place I lose from is my boobs which is pretty crap as they were the only thing I had going for me, really.

That being said, I checked out your picture and I think you're overlooking some possible options. You have *killer* hair. Hair can be your thing now.

Also, since you don't have mammoth chesticles screwing with your centre of gravity, you can probably wear amazing heels and make your new, toned legs a huge feature.

Basically, mourn your boobs. Boobs are great, they're hard to miss and they can make even the most frumpy body shapes seem awesome... but embrace your NEW assets. Spend some time experimenting with clothing / hairstyles you've never tried before - be BOLD and wait for the compliments to roll in. Someone will say to you, one day soon, "gee I'd KILL for your _______" and all of a sudden you'll have a new thing. And yes, in the mean time - chicken fillets and padded bras!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    It's going to take some time for you to get used to your new body. You are absolutely gorgeous your boobs do not need to be your defining feature anymore. I agree with the poster above that suggested a padded bra or a really good push up one.

I think this sense of loss of who you are when you lose a significant amount of weight is normal, I go through it as well. I stare at myself in the mirror and sometimes say I don't look right like this. It's going to take time.
  • littlesimone
    littlesimone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this in a way. My identity has been wrapped up in my breasts for a long time simply because mine are naturally large and well shaped. However, with weight loss whether after the birth of a child or just to fit in to summer shorts and tanks, they shrink until I made some key changes. When I stopped over-restricting fat from my diet while simultaneously eliminating white refined sugar from my diet, the loss of breast tissue was significantly reduced. Add coconut oil, avocado, flax seed, and olive oil to you daily diet and you will see positive changes to your breast tissue over time. Also, pushups (even modified) coupled with decline dumbbell flyes and chest press three times per week with help perk up what's left. Lastly, and believe it or not, wearing a bra deteriorates the breasts and reduces their ability to support themselves, so to speak. Yep! Hope this helps... =)
  • super_jade
    Options
    Thank you so much every one!!! It's really nice to hear all your stories. Glad I am not the only one trying to find themselves now that the girls have deflated! So silly that I pinned my whole identity on a pair of things that were ultimately mostly fat!!!

Thanks Littlesimone I will be reading up on how to execute a chest press and start doing some push ups. Maybe it is time to start shaping my new body with some muscle! It was all about the weight loss for me for so long that muscle tone never really came into it.

BellaIron you have some amazing boobs. Just saying. Hahaha. I too look in the mirror and think that isn't me! But it is. And I worked my *kitten* off (or my boobs off) to get here so I should be super proud and happy.

Julesgirl! Yes! Sometimes it feels like my body went "i'm hungry, ill eat these up" but I have read so many times on these forums that weight loss is even over your entire body there is no way to spot reduce. So these boobs I loved so much were just fat and my natural size isn't all that impressive. It was a shock because they had always been so big! But like you said I just need to discover the positives of this new body. I never even thought about heels! I avoided them like the plague because I felt I was just too big to really do them any justice. I have to keep reminding myself even though I feel the same in my head, my body isn't that big anymore!

Anh, You are welcome to be my arm chair psychiatrist anytime I think you hit the nail on the head! I do need to do a little soul searching and find out who I am with out these boobs. They can't of been my only redeeming quality I know that now.

Glowgirl! You feel me too hahaha. Self love is top of my list of priorities at the moment it was one of the key reasons I have been able to lose my weight because I was just so sick of being mean to myself all the time! I'm stuck with me for ever might as well be nice to myself right? I am super glad you found something else to be proud of. Something you actually earned through hard work and effort! You rock those arms! I may even let mine see the sun this year now that I am not so embarrassed about my size.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me!

Now I'm the fit one with the incredibly flat stomach! Wouldn't change back to G cup and heavy for anything!! At least my mini C cups fit in any cheap Bea from any shop (never bought underwear from h&m before)

Get over it, find a new style that shows off other parts of your body and rock your new slim figure!
  • LoreleiEvil
    LoreleiEvil Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The right bra is the secret to a great rack no matter what the size of the "girls" in question are. Go get fitted and buy some rockin' lingerie in your new size.

Spend the money, you earned it.