1 binged twice and I can't make up for it :(

Options
Tonight was the second time I binged this week :( I have counselling to help with it and I'm getting slowly stronger but this week has been a bad one :( every other day I have been right on or slightly over my calorie goal except one day when I did lots of exercise and was 400 under.....anyway the only way I can make the weekly goal is by not eating at all tomorrow which of course I can't do so I just feel really down and hopeless :( after I binged I went on my exercise bike and burnt off 100 calories but it's late and I'm tired and I feel rubbish :(

Help please?

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    This is a journey of trial and error and learning from our mistakes, that being said is your diet so restrictive that it is forcing you into these binges? If you are in counseling then you need to address the reasons you binge, and maybe discuss how you can learn to fit those things you crave into your diet so that you don't fall off the wagon so to speak... but you most definitely have to shake it off, refocus and get back to it....... Best of Luck...
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Stop stressing about the binging. Accept that you will have some bad days and just continue moving forward. You binged two days this week. Know what that means? You had 5 days where you did not binge.
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Don't severely restrict your calories to make up for it. That'll most likely trap you into a vicious cycle of binging.

Accept that you had a minor setback and just keep trudging forward. Two days aren't going to ruin your weight loss journey.

Try to be a little more active than normal for the next week or two and you'll be just fine. :)

I went over my calories by almost 900 yesterday and I'm not sweating it. I had a week of good days before that, and I'm going to make sure I have a week of good days ahead of me. No biggie.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to try not to beat yourself up about it ( I know, easier said than done). Definitely log it! For me logging helps me put it behind me. I did it, now it's done and tomorrow is a new day. Eat as healthy and light as you can tomorrow. Maybe do a longer workout. Just try to stay within 3500 calories of your weekly goal and you should still be under maintenance level so you shouldn't gain anything. If you do it's probably water weight from the extra food and it will be gone in a few days. Be strong and best of luck to you! =)
  • Brandonshields97
    Options
    I binged 5000 calories last night . I know EXACTLY how u feel right now , if not worse .. But october is coming up ... Its gonna be a whole new month .. With a whole new clean slate . Hope this helped bud
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    A week ago this past Thursday, I began a 5 day run of overeating and gained back 4.2 lb by Tuesday. From 228.6 to 232.8. On Wednesday, I got my *kitten* together again and went back to the basics that worked for me in the first place and by yesterday I was at 227.8. I didn't starve myself or punish myself. I just got back on track. I didn't work out any harder than I have been.

Any weight you gain from 2 days of overeating is NOT fat. It just isn't. No need to punish yourself for a couple of higher calorie days.
    Perhaps you'd be happier with a higher calorie goal for the day to keep yourself from bingeing? Or keep to whatever level you have yourself at and make peace with the fact that a couple of days a week, you're going to eat a bit more. There is nothing wrong with having a range of calories for the week rather than a static daily goal. As long as you're in a deficit for the week, you'll lose the weight.
    Giving yourself permission to eat a bit more on some days may help curb your bingeing.

Don't punish yourself by over exercising or under eating. That's the way of eating disorders and you don't want to fall in to that trap.

I know it's hard. I've been trying to deal with this behavior my entire adult life.
    Good Luck & I hope you find the answer. :flowerforyou:
  • KMiYong
    KMiYong Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    it's ok! you don't always have to be right on or under your goal! you will have bad days, you will have some binges, maybe even gain a bit. but you're strong and you'll get trough it :)
    I think that for your binges, you should adjust your diet. perhaps you're eliminating foods you like completely, and that's what makes you binge? or maybe you're not eating enough and you should up your intake a bit? find what's right for you, what will keep you from binging but help lose weight. good luck!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Stop stressing about the binging. Accept that you will have some bad days and just continue moving forward. You binged two days this week. Know what that means? You had 5 days where you did not binge.

Uh huh. This.
  • wilddavid
    wilddavid Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about your weekly goal, just focus on the days and let the weeks take care of themselves... You can't make up for a bad day by severely under eating the next day. If you have a ****ty day, just wake up the next morning and decide to do better. I have 5+ pound fluctuations some weekends when I really just lose control... But I'm still exercising every day and then during the week it falls off and somehow I keep trending down...

The trick is just to decide to try do better and never give up.