Couch to 5k - Start from 1st oct'13

Options
I am not good at running or jogging but would like to push myself to start with it at least from next month. I am going to start from 1st of October and see how I handle with breathing day by day. Anyone want to join to keep track of progress?

Replies

• oneman1
    oneman1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I set myself a goal to run a local 10k next may, haven't run for a while.
    Got the couch to 10k app and have just started week 5
    Really surprised with how I have got on with running longer periods.
    I am trying to pace each mile so am not bothered about how fast I am running but keeping a steady pace.
    I use the runtastic app ( free) in the background so I can keep a log of distance, speed, elevation etc. You can also sync it to MFP.
    This is a really good motivator as well.
    Good luck on your journey, and remember not to over do it and use the rest days to stretch and do 20 minutes walking. I found this helped my recovery.
  • fitin3m
    fitin3m Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your inspiring words. I hope I can stick to the program and reach the target.
  • chicana242
    chicana242 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have tried C25K twice. I reached week 6 and then got sick with meningitis. I tried again, but gave up too quickly. I'll start on Oct. 1st with you!
  • mellawella77
    mellawella77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hate running but why not. I'll try.
  • melinda189
    Options
    my plan is start couch to 5k next month too. idk if i'll be able to start oct 1st but i'll try
  • fitin3m
    Options
    Cool. Let us do it together and track our progress every sunday :smile:
  • madaughe
    madaughe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I am thinking about signing up for a 5k in December and am going to do the Diva Dash 5K in Myrtle Beach next April.
  • KarateMadMum
    Options
    I have the zombie version of C25K and was gonna start today.. but I will join you on the 1st!
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I started day 1 today! I am slightly OCD and needed to start it on a Monday. :)
  • Nae020004
    Nae020004 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm game. Since I finished school, I don't have my workout buddy anymore. It's hard doing this by myself. Trying to make running a part of my lifestyle again. Are you running outside or on a treadmill?
  • thistimesucess
    thistimesucess Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I need something to get me motivated again - I will give it a go
  • fitin3m
    Options
    Great. Let's start with it tomorrow. All the best wishes everyone :smile:

I don't have treadmill so planning to run outside tomorrow morning.
  • JFH2001
    Options
    I started day 1 today! I am slightly OCD and needed to start it on a Monday. :)

I started today too! It felt GREAT!
  • slenka
    slenka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in too :)
  • see_turtle
    see_turtle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start as well! I've gotten up to week 5 in the past and would love to be a "runner"
  • katieai
    katieai Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today, as well! Has anyone had success with this program? I've always HATED to run and would give anything to be one of those women who loves it. I'm hoping for good results!
  • fitin3m
    Options
    Cool. I have invited you all to the group http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/16810-c25k-oct-13
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am in! I tried this last year and gave up to quickly! I will start today!!
  • effrontery
    effrontery Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in too, please feel free to add me if you want!
  • Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Today begins Week 9 for me (I fell a little behind when I became sick.) If you're an aspiring runner, this program is definitely for you! Week 1 I could BARELY run 1/10th of a mile. Now I'm running over 2 miles at one time. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Good luck and I hope you love the program is much as I have!