Butter??

Options
2»

Replies

• kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    In baking, you can substitute applesauce for butter. Applesauce has a bit more moisture, so you may need to add a tidge less then the recipe requires. So if you need 1/2 cup butter, I'd add 1/2 applesauce, minus about a tablespoon.

If you mix half your butter amount with applesauce and then the other half with butter, you still get that yummy flavor butter adds with less calories.

I can accept this but not weird things like margarines or spray butter.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to accept a substitute? If so, what have you found the be the BEST replacement for butter? Particularly when it comes to baking.

Coconut oil
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Only butter I use is Kerry gold. Otherwise avocado, coconut oil, applesauce.

All hail the Kerrygold!! Amazingly wonderful stuff. *salivating*

Exactly. I refuse to use margarine, can't believe its not butter etc, when the real stuff like Kerry Gold is far superior. If it means I have to exercise an additional 15 minutes let it be for Kerry Gold.
  • RunningForeverMama
    Options
    Ew no. Butter or don't bake.

I'm a baker. It's 100% truth.

x2 ... and I love butter, eat it almost daily. Yum!
  • getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to accept a substitute? If so, what have you found the be the BEST replacement for butter? Particularly when it comes to baking.

Coconut oil. But really I say just go for the butter if you are only baking once in a while. :)

also I love your profile pic - I just came back from a run and it's 11:45pm ;)
  • SAHMwich
    SAHMwich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree, coconut oil. I even use it as a spread on my toast. Its very good. Not as good as butter, but good.