How did you lose your pregnancy weight?

Options
How much weight did you gain during your pregnancy? How did you lose it? And how long did it take?

Replies

• missarielbaby
    missarielbaby Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I went from 130ish to 177 while pregnant. I came out of the hospital in march 2012 at 158 and stayed at 158 until march 2013 when i decided it was time to loose. I work out 3 times a week at the least (zumba or the elliptical for about an hour total sometimes more if I feel like it) and try to eat as best as I can(between 1200 and 1500 calories a day) without making myself quit the diet. I did stop drinking sodas, but I do have on occasionally when we eat out. I still eat something junky food at least daily(whether it be candy bar or if I forgot to bring my lunch to work and eat out) and probably would of been done and lost my weight by now but i like my cheat days and lazy days. I DO NOT want to burn myself out. I'm currently at 138 and going down slowly! Everyone is different, this is my way and I like it!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I gained about 40 lbs with my 4 month old son. I was 188 lbs before I gave birth and 168 lbs at my 6 week check up. I'm now 142 lbs and still losing. I'm about 8 lbs below pre pregnancy. I've just been calorie counting, walking and weightlifting. I do eat better but I've cut out nothing that I didn't already eat before.
  • jenberg777
    jenberg777 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was 143lbs before having my first child. When she was 9 mos old, I was 155 and became prego with my second......I had my second in July 2011 and weighed about 165-168 until March 1, 2012 when I saw a pic of myself and had to face the facts. :/ ack! The most helpful things for motivation - getting educated on nutrition and Journaling what I ate and how I felt.......I started food journaling to be REAL with myself about my food intake and I made small changes as I grew in knowledge of how my body works. I wrote how I felt and reflected on what food may have contributed to the energy level being low or high and amazing........I lost 25lbs by the end of July 2012 by eating 1300-1500 calories a day, NOT eating carbs before bed...if I was hungry I'd have low fat cottage cheese....(and once in a RARE while if I had a sugar craving that wouldn't die, I'd eat celery with peanut butter.....(Rainbow foods brand Roundys natural PB is AMAZING!) I get bored bigtime with doing repetitious workouts........so I own a few different workout dvds. I did turbo jam (super fun) and you can rotate the different classes.....favorites are cardio party 1 and 3 and fat blaster.....also have Jillian Michaels DVDS in the rotation......last chance workout is solid and the 30 day shred. I was starting to do Insanity when I had hit my first goal weight of 143......and within a week I found out that I was pregnant.....AGAIN. SOOO.... I've just had my 3rd baby (May 2013) and I am on this journey again. Sept 1st I weighed 161 and I currently weight 157 and I am fighting a sugar addiction big time.....(I could eat 5 pears in one sitting) It's crazy how hard it seems if you think TOO much about it........I am grateful that I have my notes on what workouts I did and what I ate..... I worked out 3-4 times per week and did whatever workout I felt up for that day.......you MUST preach to yourself everyday. Negative thoughts / discouragement is what will come naturally....you have to tell yourself "I will stop because I'm FINISHED, not because I'm TIRED." - getting on pinterest and memorizing quotes to preach to yourself is helpful....it's really a mind thing.......you have to KNOW what excuses you've let yourself give in to, and find ways to plan a block to that escape. I have 3 children, 3 years old and under........I make time for working out and meal planning....for my health and for THEIR good. I just bought turbo fire and started doing it 2 weeks ago or so......my knee was bothering me a bit and I was a little confused......until I found out on a medical website that relaxin (the hormone that loosens joints during pregnancy) is still in your system until you're about 5 months postpartum!! DER. So, learn from my mistake of nearly injuring myself really bad, and avoid doing plyometrics until you're at least 5 months out........I did regular turbo jam today.....it is still a killer workout if you give it all you got. Best to you friend....YOU GOT THIS!