I am new to this program

Options
Hi, I am new to this.. I have tried losing weight for some time but it hasn't worked for me. I was told that I need to be on a lose due to health issues. I am trying, but It's hard. I really don't have much support, except for the person that told me about this MFP. I just wanted to say hi here, and good luck to all those of you who are also trying!

Replies

• Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    hey there,

Welcome to MFP! I'm on the same boat - health related weigh loss.

Don't worry you will find lots of supportive members with time, you just joined so its only a matter of minutes, literally!

Good luck to you too!!
  • davidlo421
    Options
    welcome aboard this is a great site for motivation and support.Feel free to me good luck on ur journey :smile:
  • hmgarcia83
    hmgarcia83 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i have been on here a while but after having a baby am restarting and having a very hard time add me we can help each other
  • highlandlass49
    highlandlass49 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi I need to lose weight for health reasons to. It is really hard I have just started again.
    I am determined this time and I have my youngest daughter who is being very encouraging even doing this with me not to lose but so she can maintain her weight. I know that you will do well
  • Beachbum117
    Options
    Hi there I wish you well on your exciting positive journey. I started the same journey last week, it makes you mindful about what you put in your mouth by keeping a diary on MFP. I have lost 900g in one week. :) very happy
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP. This is the place for you. be sure to set your goals reasonably (a pound a week rule of thumb) and log everything you eat, even if you go over and totally blow it. after a while you will be able to make good eating choices.
  • nooky82
    nooky82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, im new too with not alot of support :( feel free to add me.
  • nooky82
    nooky82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have some health issues myself too. kids are a great motivator
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

It works as long as you do your part. Weigh, measure & write what you bite. I pre plan my meals a day in advance and put some goodies for a nite snack so I can adjust thru the day if I forget something or miscalculate.

As far as health issues, welcome to the club. I was dx'd with type 2 DM a month before I found MFP. I was taking 2 different meds for hypertension, 2 for cholesterol /lipids and metformin for dm. 2 weeks ago I was told to stop all meds.

Losing the weight isn't easy but if you stick to your food goals you can do it. I've yo yo'd so many times, gained what I lost and then some. I have a different mind set this time around.

Wishing you the best, one day, one pound at a time :flowerforyou:
  • Leastarice
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.....I have found this site to be very helpful!!! I hope you find it just as helpful and supportive! The calorie tracker is awsome and I've already lost five pounds in just a week! I'm sure you'll do just as well! Good luck!
  • ewilliams1976
    Options
    Hello all ..I just joined
    50792633.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter