any postpartum friends??? :)

Options
Hello I'm 23 in the Seattle area and I have a 7 month old so just trying to get more in shape! Add me if you'd like :)

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Baby #4 is 6 weeks old. I've lost 27 of the 30 pounds I gained and am hoping to continue losing. I'm pumping about 60 oz of milk a day and am not too concerned about calories at this point. As soon as I'm over this cold I'll be starting some weight lifting, I probably won't worry about cardio until I'm done pumping in January, when I'll have just about enough milk in the freezer to last until Miranda's first birthday.
  • fitgirldanyel
    fitgirldanyel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! My little guy is eight weeks old, and I have a three year old son. I will add both of you, and anyone else please feel free to add me. I log on daily~
  • jenberg777
    jenberg777 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey friends!! Baby #3 is 4 months old. I have not been 'johnny on the spot' with this site just yet......I am new to the internet way of tracking but not new to tracking calories in and out. I think knowing other moms out there will inspire me to log in more!! Anywho, this is my third time losing postpartum weight. I have a 3 /12 yr old and a 2yr old as well. I've done it before and I intend to do it again! Does anyone else with multiple kiddos feel like it's HARDER the 3rd time around?
  • someday150
    Options
    Baby #2 is 4.5 months old. I'm dealing with some adrenal fatigue. Anyone figured out how to factor in bfing with calories needed or burned?
  • NoAdditives
    Options
    It was easiest for me the third time around. I had already been on MFP and knew how to eat properly. I was lucky a do not gained 15 pounds with her and lost 30 into he six weeks after she was born. I think it was hardest after my first and second pregnancies because I just didn't know what I was doing. I didn't know how to eat right. I still lost that 30 pounds each time, but losing more was almost impossible. I just kept gaining, it was very frustrating. This time I've lost 27 pounds in 6 weeks. I'm hoping to lose more, but since I'm pumping I'm not too concerned about it. I can't keep up my milk production with much of a deficit, so I'll just see how it goes.
  • _EdnaRose_
    _EdnaRose_ Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My daughter is 2 1/2 months old and I also have a three year old son. I have found losing weight this time around to be a harder than the first time. I know patience and remaining committed will pay off.
  • NoAdditives
    Options
    Baby #2 is 4.5 months old. I'm dealing with some adrenal fatigue. Anyone figured out how to factor in bfing with calories needed or burned?
    Are you asking how to log it? I searched under food for breast feeding and found one that goes by ounce. Since I'm exclusively pumping this works well for me. There are other entries in both food and exercise for breast feeding that just give you a flat rate of 500 calories. Whichever way you do it, the calories added are negative, so they subtract 500 from your calories consumed, which gives you that many more calories to eat. I've found that I can't have a very big deficit and still keep my milk production up. But, I'm pumping 60 ounces a day. If I were only doing 25-30 I could probably have a bigger deficit.
  • C43H66N12O12S2
    Options
    Wow! I didn't even think to log bf-ing and I am! thanks for the tip!!! :)
  • C43H66N12O12S2
    Options
    Awww. Congratulations on all the little ones!!! It's in our best interest and our kid's to be healthy and in shape, we can all do it!!!!
    Nice to meet you guys :)