newbie :)

Options
Hi Im new here,I am 45 and have been overweight since I was 6 ,Ive tried every diet going,Ive also had the hypno band and also accupuncture and nothing has worked so far. I feel the time is now right as im in a better place within myself after some councelling and I have found a great partner who encourages me so much in every thing I do with my ongoing weight battle , I have 100 lbs to lose,even though Im overweight I am fairly active and walk my 4 dogs twice a day and swim once a week,It would be great to have some friends to help me along the way

Replies

• bclassie
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. It's a lot of hard work getting healthy, but so worth it!
  • haleycreations
    haleycreations Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well you are taking the first step and the most important one at that. Welcome to the family feel free to add me I will help in anyway I can. I have lost 60 lbs myself although my tracker says 45 lbs lost I didnt start till I had lost some. I lost moat of mine for my girls, and I had one foot in the grave, and wanted to see them grow up and get married and have kids of their own. I had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, major depression, and anxiety, after doing Insanity and P90X I no longer had any of theae problems anymore. While I still take meds for the depression ans anxiety working out helped me get my life back. Please let me know if you have any queations glad to help in anyway
    Robert
  • someday150
    Options
    Have you had your adrenal glands tested? I'm working on getting mine healthy now. I'm new too. I hope we both find ourselves reaching our goals.
  • roxsky
    Options
    Thanks guys,I have not had my adrenal glands checked,I may well look into that as they can affect kidney function and I have had lots of kidney problems over the last 4 years so thats interesting but im pretty sure most of my weight gain is down to me :) thats a great weight loss Robert ,I have 2 children who have lost out over the years due to my weight as there is loads of stuff I would like to have done with them but physically couldnt and both my children are also overweight so I am also trying to help them too ,I know I am an emotional eater but now I have had some councelling and made peace with my demons im hoping that this time it can really happen,Im feeling really positive and look forward to having a slimmer healthier lifestye
  • someday150
    Options
    Yep my weight gain is my eating habits too. I know my adrenals are ill mostly because of fatigue. (and I just had a baby. High time to give those lovely glads some extra TLC) I do notice I am not losing weight as quickly as I have been able to in the past though and I saw that was a part of adrenal symptoms.