HELP! - Starting the 90 day Challenge with body by Vi shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• ranmini90
    ranmini90 Posts: 10
    Options
    i am currently on this 2 protien shakes a day diet. i workout really hard. morning afternoon.and i work alot too.i lost over 5kg within 3 weeks.however it is a safe amount of weight loss.i drink cranberry juice and green tea as well because they are so rich in antioxidants .and boost your metabolism.
    however the bottom line is
    it doesnt matter how far you are willing to go to lose weight.we always have to make sacrifices to gain something in return.but after losing weight we have to change our life style and eating habits like forever.so we wont gain all the weight back.
    my plan is once i lose weight i plan to eat whole grains,fruits,veggies and healthy stuff more often than sugary oily crispy snacks.
    and definitely keep exercising.

i dont care about a little sacrifice to gain something so great and precious.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Step 1 - Put the shake down
    Step 2 - Back away from said shake
    Step 3 - Never return to its vicinity
    (Optional Step 4 - Bury said shake and all components deep in the ground)

:noway:
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I have added berries but not thought about spinach. i will try it thanks.
  • aurphipps
    Options
    A shake is roughly around 300 calories, which is a regular intake for anyone trying to loose weight. I keep my snacks at 100 calories & lunch is never over 500. I was very skeptical too. With so many 'miracle' weight loss crap out there who wouldn't. I've tried it all! Pills, Plexus, crazy fad diets - you name it I've been there but nothing has been like ViSalus. I feel full during times in which I would usually get super food crazy. You have to know your body, if you are a 4-6 eater do one shake for breakfast & one for dinner, that way you get a full meal during the afternoon. I use MyFitnessPal with Visalus & I've lost 5 lbs in the week and a half that I've been using it. I use to do Herbalife's meal replacements but I find ViSalus to be better since it offers more options & it never gets boring.
    If you don't see improvements within the first week or two don't be discouraged. It's the first few that are the 'do or die' days & I get it but keep up with it. The worst that could happen is loosing a few pounds & finding a new way of eating.
  • garciabnm
    Options
    I wish people would research before saying they are a scam....the internet is dangerous. I took it to my Doctor and a nutritionist. I get anywhere between 275 - 300 per shake per meal. If you are trying to lose weight and are on a 1500 calorie a day "diet" or lifestyle change then for breakfast and lunch then that is almost half your calories for one day. They encourage you and want you to eat healthy choices for snacks...which I do. If you do, and stay at 100 calories per snack once after breakfast and after lunch then know you are at 800 which leaves you 700 for dinner and evening snack....who's starving....GET REAL PEOPLE!!!! Read about first!!! I can tell you that I am not starving. The nutrition benefits of the shakes are very good.

i agree with this totally. been on the shakes for a while now. ive lost 170 lbs. So to say it's a scam? Now i will say it wasnt the shakes itself that made me lose the weight, but having one for breakfast is a heck of a lot better and heathier than what i was eating, so, haters are gonna hate....
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Step 1 - Put the shake down
    Step 2 - Back away from said shake
    Step 3 - Never return to its vicinity
    (Optional Step 4 - Bury said shake and all components deep in the ground)

:noway:
    This. Or buy whey powder for a small fraction of the cost if you enjoy shakes. Don't fall for all the hype.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money. Most of the defenders are selling it. It's an MLM scheme.
    If you want a quick shake, get a decent protein powder and a multi-vitamin if you don't think you are eating properly.
    These shakes just set up a calorie deficit. You can do that for free here.
  • muvvavens
    Options
    yup!! i also agree with u!! its just temporary solution!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • garciabnm
    Options
    Don't waste your money. Most of the defenders are selling it. It's an MLM scheme.
    If you want a quick shake, get a decent protein powder and a multi-vitamin if you don't think you are eating properly.

wrong sir. i do not sell this product. And yes you can set up a calorie deficit. But for some of us that havehad, a hard time with not only portions,but actually not skipping a meal, only to over eat on the next one, this ia a type of alternative. Yes there are other products,and if you like them, use them. Yes there are other methods,but for some this has worked, why knock those people for succeeding at something, even if it wasnt the way you're doing it?
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I attended an event they held here and met one of the "success stories". I realize this has potential to be the biggest marketing scam around however, some people have proven results..

"Everyone's different" and I understand this but dropping 90lbs in 90 days is very appealing!! Especially since you've been my size your entire life.

I have been losing with watching my calorie intake and I'm nervous about how this "magic shake" will affect my progress.. I'm very torn.

You met ONE of their success stories....And there are hundreds, maybe thousands? of success stories right here on this site by people who ate a reasonable number of calories, made up of real food.

90 pounds in 90 days? I lost 100 in a year and I and my Dr were THRILLED at the speed. I almost could not believe it came off that fast. 90 pounds in 90 days is just....sorry....insane. Unhealthy, unrealistic for most people, and in no way has any chance of teaching you how to sustain that loss.

There is no magic shake. You will lose weight because of you caloric deficit, not because of the magic ingredients on a shake.

Please please please, do yourself a favor and eat real food, learn how to eat right, you will need to do it for the rest of your life.
  • jmunn95
    jmunn95 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My best friend tried this. She drank the shakes and ate one meal a day, no exercise. She did lose about 10 pounds in a month, but as soon as she stopped doing the 'meal plan' due to money issues, she gained the weight back and then some. I would suggest just eating good, whole food, watch calories, and exercise.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

wrong sir. i do not sell this product. And yes you can set up a calorie deficit. But for some of us that havehad, a hard time with not only portions,but actually not skipping a meal, only to over eat on the next one, this ia a type of alternative. Yes there are other products,and if you like them, use them. Yes there are other methods,but for some this has worked, why knock those people for succeeding at something, even if it wasnt the way you're doing it?

You can do the same with Whey protein for less money. No one is saying your method is wrong, although people overcomplicate weight loss in general. Calories in < calories out
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    dont
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Instead of replacing every meal with it, just use it as a morning pick me up or late night snack. Just because it says meal replacement, if that isn't for you then don't do it.
  • megster0112
    Options
    Seriously this product does more damage, yes I lost weight and quickly not that i was big in the first place but was invited out to a party and the bloke selling could sell snow to santa... Since being on it im in my 2nd 90 day which I got for going to college as certain foods bloated me I am now covered in spots, my skin I can only describe as grey and yesl I add fruits and other healthy products as well before the vi gang start up.... I have now started losing my hair and then started having chest pains regularly been to see my g.p who said this is nothing more than a pyramid scheme full of desperate people looking for a quick answer and the extra promise of sell enough you get a b.m.w and make some money.... The promoters brainwash you and the only person winning is them and the videos you upload as well are both humiliating and desperate and these so called wonderful people are supposed to care but quite willing to humiliate you for their own ends...... I also get sick of their god complex on social networking sites go back to basics eat a healthy diet and move your body its simple