I'm brand new! Looking for friends and support.

Options
Hi everyone!

Big step number one was joining here, second step is this- putting myself out there! :flowerforyou:

I'm looking for people who are looking to lose weight and who exercise regularly. This in turn will keep me motivated and i have decided that i have to do this now- i'm only 3 years from that dreaded big 40 !!!

I used to look good in t-shirts, i was fit and healthy and happy! However, although i am happy- i need fitness and healthiness back in my life!

Therefore all you like-minded people please come and join me on my health and fitness journey, you would be most welcome!

Looking to lose at least 4 stone, not sure what that is in USA measurements but it doesn't matter where you hail from, all MFp's welcome!

Looking forward to hearing from you- and good luck in achieving all your goals.

Replies

• clownfear_7
    Options
    Hello Funk,
    4 stone, that's about 60 lbs I think. That's fairly close to what I have lost so far, but I still have more to go. Just work at it, brother, one day at a time. Stay active, stay on this site, and be smart about your health plan and I'm sure that you'll meet your goals.
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

A fellow Brit here who's lost 70llbs so far and I'm a daily logger a bit of an exercise nut so feel free to add me for support and a kick up the *kitten* :drinker:
  • shoshanay
    Options
    Sending you an add. I'm a daily logger and workout about 4-6 times a week. :smile:
  • David0081
    Options
    Hi Funkster! I exercise every day, some days just cross-countyy with my dogs but mostly more. I generally try and break the 1000 calorie barrier daily through exercise (mostly walking and jogging). I'm 51, living in Holyhead, North Wales. I just returned to MFP after a break going it alone, which did not work well... add me by all means...

best regards,

David
  • lila1958
    lila1958 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like that you are drinking a beer in your profile picture! I live in Oregon where there are many microbreweries. I'm finding it's not what I eat, but what I drink that's put the weight on! I am working with an injury now too that has set me back but doing what I can, (like quitting beer!) I just started MFP also it is a great tool, add me if you wish. Good luck and have fun!
  • Funkenstein7
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words, looking forward to seeing a healthier and lighter me! :happy:
  • Emma_GetFit
    Options
    I've been on a couple of years now, I restarted again last November and lost over 20 pounds but then things have hit hard since about April this year and being very stressed I've put some (most) back on and I'm getting married in 5 weeks.

I really want to do this however long it takes!!