Diet shake advice

Options
Hi guys

I wondered if anyone had any advice to give me on my new diet direction I have recently transformed my diet and although my palette is small I still have lost 6.5 kg in 6 weeks which I'm happy with i struggled to maintain the enthusiasm to rise from my bed in the morning and cook myself up something containing at least 10 g of protein to boost my metabolism so turning to a colleague for advice he steered me towards supplements of a diet form . Now he uses a brand called maximuscle promax diet but being the business director he can afford the hefty £40 containers I opted for a relatively well known company with a reasonable 21 pound price tag PHD diet whey . This has just become my replacement breakfast and lunch meaning no bread plenty of protein and reasonable amounts of carbs and fat . I am using semi skimmed milk to bulk up the calories as it was 200 for a shake and now around 350 with the milk and only having used it for one day I have felt fuller for longer than I did having food . But can anyone tell me the long term affects ? Is it going to be detrimental to only consume shakes for breakfast and lunch in the long term ? Is all that milk going to give me issues ? I have had a couple of cramps I do believe my body struggles alittle with excess amounts of dairy. By long term I mean until I reach goal which is 5 kg away so not too long I hope but will my body cope ? Will my stomach cry I'm agony over the dairy ? Or is it simply trial and error please advise anyone who has anything useful to say I'm sure someone out there has my answer !

Many thanks for reading guys love to hear from you !

Replies

• camcat81
    Options
    Hi I am doing Cambridge which is similar although very low on calories (some days you can get as little as 440 kcal) my advice would be

Drink enough water. Cannot emphasise enough that you need a minimum of 2.5 litres. If you cut the food, you cut the water that's in it. Also it will help you stay full.

Most shake diets say 12 weeks only if they are very low calorie diets. This is in line with NICE guidelines.
    http://www.gponline.com/Clinical/article/994649/role-low-calorie-diets/

Make sure that you are eating products labelled meal replacement. This is a complete meal and there are strict (UK) guidelines for companies labelling their products as this. This means that it is a complete balanced meal. Protein shakes alone are not ok unless you are still having a balanced diet with real food.

Exante, Boossh, Slim and Save are all cheaper than Cambridge and some people swear by them and they are kosher.

Hope I am not teaching you to suck eggs!

C
  • webbo20
    webbo20 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice seems that I do need to be careful as I don't believe mine is meal replacement so happy u have told me to look out for that and yes need to watch my water intake I'll take ur advice and be careful thanks so much !
  • camcat81
    Options
    No probs,

Keep up the good work!

C