Even 17 pounds makes a small difference

Options
Because I was feeling a bit down with the amount of weight I lost in the past few weeks (17 pounds since 8/25/10) - I decided to look at a picture from when I started at the end of Aug and one today - I can actually see a difference. It has def.helped renew my confidence and determination. As painful as pictures can sometimes be, I think they were a valuable tool for me.

The week before I started 8/2010 and today
Aug2010.jpgoct92010.jpg

Replies

• stephqj
    stephqj Posts: 20
    Options
    You're right! There's definitely a difference. Congratulations!
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Most definitely a difference!!!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    You look great! 17 pounds is a lot in that amount of time! Feel proud ;-)
  • ashbridge
    Options
    There is definitely a difference! You look great!
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    I can see it and 17 pounds makes a big difference. Stack up 17 pound boxes of butter next time you are at the grocery store and see for yourself. Great job!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see the difference! You look GREAT! Keep up the good work!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me? 17 pounds is amazing in such a short time! You are looking fabulous, and I bet you feel great too!!
  • erin_89
    erin_89 Posts: 45
    Options
    With 17 pounds lost you look like a different person. Congrats you look amazing:wink:
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    17 lbs in that amount of time is loooooads!! well done :D you look great :)
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Fantastic :smile: and you look great!!
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! I too lost 17 pounds to this point (7 with MFP). I know it makes a difference because my jeans are getting loose, especially around my waist and my rear end. I can't wait to buy a size 14 jean instead of a 16. Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Nice progress!! You look great! :)
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good!! (Thanks for this--it reminded me that I need to take a few pics of myself today!) Awesome job, keep up the good work!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Definitely a difference, You're doing well.
  • artinshape
    Options
    My goodness! 17 pounds is a huge success! You should be so proud of yourself. You are looking great!!!!
  • itsmelindsey
    Options
    Thats great! I can't wait until I can say the same!
  • PatriciaO
    Options
    Girl you are looking good. Can see the confidence in your face. Keep up the good work. you can do this.
  • curtisjcc
    Options
    I have lost 17 also. Reading your story helps me to stay on track. I love this web site. I have been watching the numbers go down on the scales, sonething that has not happened in years, but I am having a hard time seeing them gone on my body. I have a long way to go. Keep up the great work. You look wonderful. I can sure see those pounds have left you.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Big difference, great job. I like the neckline on the second shirt. Very pretty.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    8.5 lbs a month is pretty good. It adds up pretty fast. Just think...... 8.5 lbs times 10 months is about 85 lbs! That is ALOT!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!