Worst binge day....

Options
Anyone ever have these moments? I felt so horrible yesterday, I hate like a quarter of a box of "pop ems", which is donut holes my manager brought me, a PB&J sandwich, a turkey & cheese sandwich from 7-11, some whipped cream, and cream cheese, 4 slices of pizza, it felt like mayhem!!! I did better today, waaaayyyyyy better, BUT I felt so horrible....I just felt non-stop hungry went to the bathroom 2ce, and had just started my TOM after almost not having it for 5 months! Not making excuses, just felt like I wrecked my whole week!

What was your worst binge?

How do you help control them? Like once I week I have to seriously restrain myself because I just feel crazy hungry!!!

Replies

• ladyzerlina
    Options
    Worst binge day was just last week (my first cheat day). Just really needed a mental health day and boyfriend suggested eating anything I like to get it all out of my system.

Had a frosted gingerbread cookie after breakfast, ate a slice of bianca pizza for lunch, bought a chocolate at Laura Secord, had a minibon before dinner, okonomiyaki for dinner (fish pancake), and ice cream with bananas and maple syrup for dessert.

I have an insulin problem by the way so I'm surprised I'm alive after that XD. Told myself I could eat whatever I want but that if I wanted it I had to walk to it (no subway!)..so I offset the calories just a little with about 3 hours of walking.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    At least you walked!! yeah i didn't even walk, I felt like crap before i ate like crap so i just slept and sat on my *kitten* stuffing my face lol
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I usually pretty bad overseas. I was just in Bangkok and on one day we had the following

Breakfast- fried chicken from a street vendor, salted caramel frappe from Starbucks. (Seriously I'm glad I can't get those here because I would never stop drinking them)

Elevensies?- a chocolate chilli donut from a bakery

Lunch- an EIGHT course meal at Tokyu.

Afternoon- Fondue for 2 at Swensens

Later Afternoon- Popcorn and M&MS at the cinema

Dinner- Cornbread, Wings, Popcorn Shrimp, Red beans and Rice AND a chocolate brownie at a Cajun/Creole place

Later- ALL of the beer, Lime Margaritas and bar nuts.

And I'm totally fine. As long as you get back on the horse there's only so much damage you can do. You can't lose it all in one day, you won't gain it back either.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    I forgot to add I also ate cake first thing in the morning. It was the day after my birthday and the huge Boba Fett cake I got was looking at me.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    OH AND I also shared a bucket sized vodka and watermelon with a Thai drag queen called Josephine while we sang Karaoke. We did a rousing duet of Lying Eyes by the Eagles. True Story.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    Sounds like an awesome adventure filled day!!! lol
  • Mutant13
    Options
    'twas.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I desperately wanted to binge today. Daughter gone to stay at dads, there's a loaf of bread and a large packet of chippies left behind. I'm home alone with a horrible cold, all I wanted to do was eat.

But I was worried. i usually flake out on diets at about 5kg. I start making excuses. I start rationalising.

In the end even though it took me over calories I had a pottle of yoghurt. I personally think if I go too far over my daily goal I'll get very used to it very quickly, and absolutely lose control.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    Options
    Same here!!! I miss being a manager and having my own office, at my new job, I'm stuck in the break room or in front of a computer all night on my butt, with a fridge full of goodies, and they usually leave them out for everyone!!! I feel like I can't get away from these snacks and horrible foods, I try to put them away, hide them, or if they have been out too long I throw it away. At my old job, my employees were mostly very into weight loss and supported me by not bringing it around me, or I would have a tiny bit, and I would offer like free pizza to everyone else....no such luck here they all eat like **** and constantly bring it around. I try to think of it as a test, but I shouldn't have to test myself of temptation every single day...

sorry that became a vent!!! lol
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i had a rotten day a couple of weeks ago - tom day too. ate like a pig until i felt ill. must've paid for it the next day with bathroom trips......and oddly enough, it got the scales moving again too. back on track the next day :smile:
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    Anyone ever have these moments? I felt so horrible yesterday, I hate like a quarter of a box of "pop ems", which is donut holes my manager brought me, a PB&J sandwich, a turkey & cheese sandwich from 7-11, some whipped cream, and cream cheese, 4 slices of pizza, it felt like mayhem!!! I did better today, waaaayyyyyy better, BUT I felt so horrible....I just felt non-stop hungry went to the bathroom 2ce, and had just started my TOM after almost not having it for 5 months! Not making excuses, just felt like I wrecked my whole week!

What was your worst binge?

How do you help control them? Like once I week I have to seriously restrain myself because I just feel crazy hungry!!!
    You say you had your period after 5 months. Has this been investigated?
    Aside from that, many women (me included) find that just before the start of their period they have problems with their appetites. I don't recognise PMS symptoms in myself and my periods are irregular but when I start hoovering up everything in sight it's a good sign that the evil is about to arrive.
    In terms of your binge...it doesn't sound that bad calorie-wise. Maybe 4000kcal? I mean it's a huge wodge of carbs and fat and you're bound to have acquired a few pounds of water weight which will go in the next week or so once you're back on track and your period is over.
    One important lesson: never restrict after a binge. It just perpetuates the problem. Eat normal meals today (I hope your calorie goal isn't too aggressively low) and leave it at that.
  • losingArni
    Options
    One day I had........
    -apple and custard Danish with icing
    -4 slices of toast
    -two bowls of nutri grain with full cream milk
    then I went to the shopping centre....
    -two sushi rolls
    -3 sweet bread buns with custard and cream filling
    -a vanilla thickshake
    -a family bag of skittles
    -two bowls of pasta and pesto with cheese
    -a small loaf of garlic bread
    -about 5 cups of milo

this is all I can remember, the rest is a bit of a blur, :P

am I the only one who gets into 'binge mode' and does things such as catches the bus to the shopping centre purely to seek out as much food as possible? Or, gone to the atm, and taken out money purely to spend on binge food!!!!
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I had an awesome binge day yesterday. I wouldn't call it worst because I loved every minute of it. I plan a cheat day every week to keep the eating fun factor realistic. Yesterday was over the top though. My daughter turned 19 on Friday and we planned a lunch out yesterday.

We had the lunch out at spring rolls including dessert. I had walked miles in the morning and spent the afternoon, after we had the lunch, re-sheeting our shed with my husband. We had an outdoor fire where we sat around eating marsh mallows. I had beer and a cooler. Then we walked the dog again and got chips and chocolate bars. We at all of them.

The only thing I kind of regret are the chips because my diet is normally pretty low sodium so when I go over the wall like that, I feel super parched and thirsty. I'm up 2 lbs this morning all of it solid bloat and water retention.

That still doesn't surpass the feedback I strapped on after my weigh in at my last meet. I weighed in at 56.1kg (123.7lbs) at 8am When I made weight I ate: pizza we had in the car for post weigh in purposes, calorie dense protein bars, chocolate milk, peanuts and m&ms, hot dogs, beer (after lifting was done), poutine, donuts. The next morning I weighed 69.1kg (130lbs)
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Chinese buffet. Need I say more?
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I've had a 10k calorie day before--not my proudest moment and I'm not even sure what I ate. I was certainly too lean and starving for energy.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Chinese buffet. Need I say more?

That's what I was hoping for at our lunch out but the place we went to didn't have the all you can eat at their location. I was sooo disappointed. I had planned to eat all the food at all you can eat.
  • MissBellatrix
    Options
    I had a worst binge today, which I eat a lots of chocolates ( Cadburry, GoNuts, and even a tea biscuits coated with a condensed milk) and carbo loaded foods! It made me feel horrible when I though of it, so tomorrow I am very eager to burn them off... Even drinking water didn't help me at all. Satiety center is acting like a total wreck today. :indifferent:
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Worst binge day was just last week (my first cheat day). Just really needed a mental health day and boyfriend suggested eating anything I like to get it all out of my system.

Had a frosted gingerbread cookie after breakfast, ate a slice of bianca pizza for lunch, bought a chocolate at Laura Secord, had a minibon before dinner, okonomiyaki for dinner (fish pancake), and ice cream with bananas and maple syrup for dessert.

I have an insulin problem by the way so I'm surprised I'm alive after that XD. Told myself I could eat whatever I want but that if I wanted it I had to walk to it (no subway!)..so I offset the calories just a little with about 3 hours of walking.

okonomiyaki! it's been too long, i'm making this for dinner tonight, YUM!
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Well I'm GF and vegetarian so the foods I can eat are limited, but I still, somehow, manage to binge:
    For the record, I was having a terrible day. Not that it makes this any more acceptable, but it probably explains why I did it. Luna Bars were on sale 10 for 10... I ate 8 in one day, about 500 calories of almonds, 5 bananas, 6 cups rice chex, 2 c ice cream, and 7 caramel rice cakes. Once I hit 3000 calories I stopped counting. It was baddd. Then I tried to recover the next day by eating only 1000 calories, and let me tell ya, never do that! Since the day following I was starved and I ate about 2300 calories. Ah well. We all have those days. Great knowing everyone binges terribly at times. Makes me feel a hell of a lot better about myself :tongue: lol although your binge days sound SOOO much tastier than mine!! I question why, if I was going to reach 3500 calories, I didn't bother eating tastier foods like pizza, french fries, cookies, chocolate bars etc. hahaha but it's because I never intend to binge. Like, if I had a specified binge day and knew I was going to eat so many calories, I would've at least made them tasty calories!
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have one of those days at least twice/month :)

Last one was for Chiefs season opener. We FILLED our coffee table with brats, Doritos, queso, chicken wings, brownies, cookies, candy, cupcakes, tacos, etc. Just ate all day long. The next day, I just make sure I stay on top of my water, and pick up where I left off without giving it a second thought. No biggie, as long as you aren't eating like that every day (at least for me) :)