Is a 5-6 lb weight gain noticeable?

I went from 123 lbs up to 128-129lbs and I have been stuck for 2 months now with the excess weight. I've been eating terribly for the past 2 months. Would it actually be noticeable that I've gained this much? I feel like I don't really see a change. I want to lose the excess weight again...

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    I'm 5'2" and it's very noticeable on me!
  • I'm 5'5 and it's noticable on me - i was down to 120 and now about 125 and my jeans are getting snug again... whether or not other people notice I have no idea - but I sure do notice it!!
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Whether or not it's visibly noticeable really depends on the individual and how their body distributes weight gain. Anything up to a 10lb gain or loss on me isn't very noticeable because I gain pretty evenly all over. Others I know gain primarily in certain places, so it's easier to see.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    I'm 5'2" and it's very noticeable on me!

Ditto this. Sucks but it's true.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    I went from 123 lbs up to 128-129lbs and I have been stuck for 2 months now with the excess weight. I've been eating terribly for the past 2 months. Would it actually be noticeable that I've gained this much? I feel like I don't really see a change. I want to lose the excess weight again...

Naked, absolutely. Dressed, it depends on how your clothing fits.
  • sarwatf
    sarwatf Posts: 60 Member
    I'm 5'4 ... and very much so on me -- 10lbs is a dress size up. 2-3 lbs i can't see , 5 lbs is visible in my face in photos for sure -- no more cheekbones!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,923 Member
    I'm 5'11. I can gain up to 15 pounds without people noticing, but I know I've gained after about 10. Depends on your body type.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    I am 4'11" and 5 pounds mean going from a 2-4 to 4-6 size
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Depends on what that gain actually is. 5-6 pounds of fat? Absolutely. Bloat from excess sodium or carbs? Possibly. Glycogen (fuel storage)? Probably not. Mostly muscle? You'll look smaller.

If your clothes fit the same, it's not noticeable.
  • athene_circe
    athene_circe Posts: 34 Member
    I would say that it's noticeable to the individual carrying the weight but not to the average bystander. I've lost 50 pounds and many people when they see me say "Wow! That haircut makes you look 10 years younger!" LOL Most people we meet on a daily basis don't pay a whole lot of attention to the details.

Go here:
    http://www.modelmydiet.com/
    and check out the difference - it's so subtle that no one but you would notice.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Whether or not it's visibly noticeable really depends on the individual and how their body distributes weight gain. Anything up to a 10lb gain or loss on me isn't very noticeable because I gain pretty evenly all over. Others I know gain primarily in certain places, so it's easier to see.

Yup. Very true.

Yup...... This