Replies

• kkooge
    kkooge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I am 51 and in for the long haul:smile:
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me; age 53; lost 16 lbs then put back on 11 lbs; thats been my "journey" in the last year. I have been eating too much and just trying to rein myself in.
  • rvmama68
    Options
    Hi friends! I am closer to 70 than 60 and am trying to lose30lbs by mid Jan. when we go on a trip to Costa Rica. I have been posting since July 20 and have lost 17lbs. I live in Arizona where it is still pretty hot. The only excersise I get is in the pool. Going to attempt to do Walking Aerobics starting Mon., but I have RA and have trouble with my feet & knees. Five years ago I lost 85lbs and have put back on 30lbs. I am determined to do it again this time and keep it off! If I can give any support I will try.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I am 55 as well and live in Mesquite, NV.
    Add me as a friend if you would like. :)
  • tonirivas
    tonirivas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Its funny the reason I am trying to lose a little weight and shape up is because I will be traveling to England the 10th of Oct I am a 55 yr old female that lives on a farm in Iowa in the US Been trying to lose 20lbs now for about 6 months Lost the first 12 lbs rather easily and then kinda stalled out during the summer( too much ice cream) With the help of this site I have now lost another 2 lbs or so
  • dizzow
    Options
    I'll be 50 in November, if that counts. I'm in Kansas and will be here for awhile as I have a whole lot to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • oldladybug
    oldladybug Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi I joined last year but I didn't stick with it, just came back 2 months ago. I'm doing much better this time around and I feel more in control. I too have a long way to go. I'm over 50 and any of you feel free to add me as a friend.
  • leticia165
    Options
    Count me in. I joined three days ago. Wow, logging in my daily consumption has already shed light on why I have not lost any weight. I don't feel like I eat a lot but when you actually log it you really see just how much everything adds up to. I plan on sticking to this, it's hard doing it because I like to make sure that my fiancé eats. Wish me luck.
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi I am in my 60's. Joined MFP last year although I had been on a challenge elsewhere and lost 10 kilos ( 22 lbs) before I joined here. Missed logging for 6 days in December due to a stay in hospital but log every single day, losing gradually; a few ups and downs but realize this is a lifestyle change and I am here for the long haul. I try to walk every morning, it is my main exercise as I am a bit limited due to still recovering from my surgery, and hope to be able to do different exercise later on. I live Down Under in Australia, new friends always welcome, and I try to comment most days on my friends posts and support as much as I possibly can. We are all on this wonderful journey to improve our health! The best advice I can give is "Never give up" and Life always gives you a second chance- it is called Tomorrow.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kimberlee and I turn 50 Sunday. I am from the U.S. and live in Illinois. I have slipped on my journey due to stress in my life, but I haven't gained wt. in almost a yr.
  • nyqueensguy
    nyqueensguy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request!
  • margie2204
    Options
    Hi, I am now able to focus on me. With all children on their own, it is now the time
    For me to take care of me. But this journey is not one to take alone, I will need help from all of you,as I hope I can be of help to you
  • mrsme1008
    mrsme1008 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well - always looking to share support and motivation, and I'm a bit past 50 :wink:
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    typo....reposted:tongue:
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi Cynthia,
    Sending friend request. I'm 54 and in Manitoba, Canada. I've been working on weight loss daily since mid may ( 33 lbs down). My goal is 57 lbs. down. I would love to support you in your journey.

Tsal
  • Seabee74
    Options
    I am new to mfp.. Add me if you'd like !
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hello from Chicago and welcome!
    Check out and join the group "50+, FABULOUS & FIT."
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi Cynthia, I am 55, from the UK and log in daily - feel free to add me for mutual support.
  • mewood72437
    mewood72437 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in Arkansas. You may add me if you like. I turned 50 back in March.

I'm always looking for friends and support.
  • Kittylu
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kim and I am from the US. I have only been doing this for a week and my life is spent mostly in a cubicle at work. I will be exercising for the first time in years and trying to watch my calories. I have never been successful doing this by myself and hope that I can meet friends here to support each other. BTW I'm 56 and going through the change of life that nobody ever told me was going to be so difficult. Would love to be your friend.