Meal Replacement Shakes

Options
tiffanymoe1
tiffanymoe1 Posts: 1 Member
I have been drinking Eas Lean Chocolate protein shakes. It is not made to bulk you up, but it is a protein shake. Sometimes I feel like it makes me gain weight rather than lose. It is very tasty but it does not keep me full NEARLY as long as a meal would. My biggest problem is... I HATE fruity shakes and putting vegetables in my shake. It has to be strictly vanilla or chocolate. Any good suggestions on a meal replacement shake that is filling but not fatty?

Replies

• bexalicous
    bexalicous Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Why are you having meal replacement shakes when you say that a meal would satisfy you for longer? Just a curiosity question as I don't have any suggestions for meal replacement other then the typical "slim fast" but I don't recommend.
  • garciabnm
    Options
    here we go again.....
  • annabellep1
    annabellep1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I make my own smoothies in the morning, though I doubt you'd like my combinations if you don't like fruit or vegetables in shakes. I use coconut milk, Greek yogurt, Now Sports whey protein mix, and whatever frozen fruits I have on hand. I'll add a little honey if the fruit is not particularly sweet, such as with frozen mango (which can be a bit tart frozen). I don't do it for the meal skipping, though. I do it to reduce my cooking needs during hectic mornings, to maximize nutritional intake, and for the mobility afforded by breakfast in a cup with a straw.
  • hannanne
    Options
    If supplementing causes you to gain weight. . . You probably don't need it. A snack of UNPROCESSED food is a million times better for you. If you are trying to replace a meal, you should have a supplement with about 300 calories. Use some plain old whey (a cheap brand will taste like crap and be impossible to stir), with a tablespoon of cocoa, some benefiber(to make you feel fuller) and milk or milk sub. . Add a tablespoon of coconut, flax, walnut or olive oil--or some peanut butter. If you don't feel full after that, you should not be drinking supplements because if they don't fill you up, they will make you eat MORE. Also, never add artificial sweetener. If you have to sweeten, use a little raw sugar or honey. Most supplements are highly processed candy flavored junk food.