Need motivation

Options
baldric1331
baldric1331 Posts: 30 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Well im an on and off user on here now for a long time while trying to loose weight one of them that always forgets to come on and post what ive eaten though i have the app on my phone.

Though my story as far i was sitting about the 240 mark trying to loose it and worked hard watched what i was eating ect lots of excercise ect well its a lot for me :P and i managed with time to drop down to 227 was really happy and planed to keep going but something else happened that i had to sort out and that was to stop smoking.

Well the good news is that with help i kicked the habit of smoking clean now from them for almost 2 months and feeling great about it bad news is that the cravings half the time i kicked with bad snacking lol and looked at the scales the other day and thought crap 240, i almost cried all that hard work.

tbh since i have put on weight i think 227 has been the lowest ive been in years and ive always struggled with loosing weight does not matter on diets or going to the gym swimming ect i have tried it all and yet its always slow very slow to go yet one wrong item and more is back than what it should be is this normal ? or is my metabolism very low. I know i have the will power to loose the weight cos if not i would still be smoking but i cant understand no matter what i do it is so slow to come off.

Take this week i know ive not really posted but its like 3 eggs scrambled on toast very light butter, soup home made for lunch which is like 55 cals a serving and then some chicken with veg at night ( 50-100g ) of chicken that is so im not blowing my cals or anything else just thinking should i say sod it and go back to the pizzas and the burgers

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
  • Milynne
    Milynne Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It's always difficult to get started, but one to two weeks in and it becomes a habit to log your calories.

If you don't always have access, keep a notebook around to log your calories and when you get a moment, plug them into MFP.

Changing the bad habits we've picked up over the years is not an easy thing to do, but it IS doable. It takes will power and the want to do it. It's all about your health and happiness..remember that. You can do it :)

I have spent days researching this diet, that fad, how to lose weight in 10 weeks..etc. What I realized was that there are no quick, easy fixes and that to get what I want, it is going to take a lot of patience, time and motivation.

When you're ready, you'll do it...just don't give up the first week in!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    you dont need motivation, thats just the spoonful of sugar that helps the medicine go down. Search for self discipline and determination instead of motivation. cultivate those character traits. motivation isnt a character trait - its just a fun boost in desire. not necessary.

edited for spelling
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    you dont need motivation, thats just the spoonful of sugar that helps the medicine go down. Search for self discipline and determination instead of motivation. cultivate those character traits. motivation isnt a character trait - its just a fun boost in desire. not necessary.

edited for spelling

^This. Make a commitment to yourself and just do it.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Good job quitting smoking, it's not easy.

Regarding weight loss, I agree with the advice of strengthening your self discipline.
This discussion has been closed.