Drinks

Options
I have looked for answers to this, but have not found, them so i am turning to the forums. I gave up all pop (soda for some of you) as of August 15th. I do not like any diet pop, and don't drink milk coffee or tea. What do you have to drink with your meals? I drink 5-6 bottles of water a day, but I guess I am looking for something with more flavor, but not high in calories, especially empty ones.
I do allow myself 5 beers a week, and still stay under my caloric intake goals.
I am not having problems losing weight, but I need something to drink with my dinners.

Replies

• cappleg8
    cappleg8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    use crystal light in your water.
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I agree. I use Crystal Light as well. There are lots of different flavours and they are low in calories.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    fresh brewed tea!! (ICED) Green, Black Flavored- what ever you like! add some truvia or honey just to sweeten lightly.... and Green tea is naturally decafinated and so good for you! try it!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Herbal tea and crystal light are my choices as well! My husband likes to have a glass of 1% milk with his dinner though.
  • missmeliss
    missmeliss Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    they may not be what you want with your dinners on certain nights, but here are some of my favorite beverages:
    - aloe juice with wheatgrass
    - coconut water with pulp
    - iced tea with lemon
    - naked green machine

nice being able to keep a few pints on your list! i'm giving it a break for now until i get a bit more weight off.
  • MissEllie0426
    Options
    I was a huge soda/pop drinker...and still have a hard time drinking enough water...crystal light has saved me...lol...great flavors and minimal calories!
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    Vitamin water?
    Or just try adding flavors to your water like lemon, a little bit of honey, etc. Why do you not like tea? There are so many different kinds of tea that chances are, you haven't found a type you like yet ;)
  • johnnya2
    Options
    I have tried more tea than I care to think of. It is all nasty. As for naked coconut milk etc, I can think of anyhingmore disgusting. I may try crystal light, or just have some lemonade.
  • try squash, you know, like orange squash, ribena etc.. lots of yummy flavour and its mostly water! xx
  • bjazz44
    Options
    Club soda. It's cold and carbinated and quenches thirst.
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    i always put sugar free diluting juice in my water when i fancy some flavour.... i enjoy it more than soda now
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    i always put sugar free diluting juice in my water when i fancy some flavour.... i enjoy it more than soda now