Can "anyone" lose weight?

Options
This may sound slightly ridiculous to some but I keep losing my motivation because I just feel like I won't be able to lose weight... I just can't picture it.. I have never lost weight before and I feel like my body probably will just want to be the way it is naturally.. I am not in need of losing a large amount of weight, just throwing that out there. Also, I was wondering will 10 pounds affect the way my body looks? I have another strange idea that I have a lot more fat on my body than 10 pounds so I feel like that wouldn't even make a difference.. Thanks

Replies

• JavaJuno
    JavaJuno Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can't really say if you should lose weight, but as for if 10 lb. will affect the way you look, it depends where you lose it from. But here's a really awesome sight for seeing what real people look like at certain weights : http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html
    I use it all the time to "imagine" what I might look like xxlb. later.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    This may sound slightly ridiculous to some but I keep losing my motivation because I just feel like I won't be able to lose weight... I just can't picture it.. I have never lost weight before and I feel like my body probably will just want to be the way it is naturally.. I am not in need of losing a large amount of weight, just throwing that out there. Also, I was wondering will 10 pounds affect the way my body looks? I have another strange idea that I have a lot more fat on my body than 10 pounds so I feel like that wouldn't even make a difference.. Thanks

the smaller you are the more 10lb will make a difference. Anything under 200lb and I would think it would make a difference. in fact - i know it does.

Try to visualise 10 pounds of butter all stacked up. That's a respectable amount of butter, isn't it.
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

The way I see it, it's not so much a matter of if you can, but if you will. Motivation comes and goes - but I know if I only did things when I felt like it nothing would ever get done (and I would always be running out of clean socks!).

Ten pounds can make a HUGE difference, believe me. Especially if you don't have that much to lose. Put it this way - a 300lb person losing 30lbs will have lost 10% of their original body weight. A 150lb person losing 30lbs will have lost 20%.

If you're worried about the specific amount of fat in your body, perhaps you might want to look at strength training. Muscle is more dense than fat, and two people the same weight can look very different depending on their body fat percentages.

Best of luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    If you have a lot of extra fat/weight then 10 lbs will not be noticeable whatsoever ,for sure. Only person that could see them would be you cos nobody would pay so close attention to your body to be able to notice it. If you are already pretty thin then yes, it may be noticeable more. So it depends.

As does everybody can lose weight? Yes! And that's a fact. Even the person with worst genetics, super slow metabolism and possibly some kind of health issue what makes it very hard to lose weight can lose it with right eating and nutrition, and rigt medicament for their medical issue. Do you want it bad enough to stick to your diet and work your *kitten* off in a gym is another question...

And just because you have been carrying extra weight all your life does not mean that it is your natural state of body. Your body is not how it is because that is how it is naturally. It's because of YOU - your eating habits, your exercise habits, your life style. Only natural state of body is when you born - little, bold, fat baby. Anything after that is only a result of life style of your parents and you.

Good luck tho! I know you can do it! believe in yourself! :)
  • Tom_on_keto
    Options
    Yes. Anyone can lose weight. I never thought I would find something that worked for me that didn't involve surgery. Everything I tried never lasted more than a week or so. Then 28 weeks ago I found the one thing that works for me, a low carb high fat diet. In that 28 weeks I have lost 133lbs, just from diet alone.
  • Ilovehersheys
    Ilovehersheys Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I feel a lot better!