Cellulite Improvement: Dry Brushing and Cococut Oil used as

Options
13»

Replies

• IRIST9975
    IRIST9975 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Never heard of this but it is very interesting.
  • BumbyDog
    BumbyDog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is improved with improving the muscle.
    http://belindabennsblog.com/the-mystery-of-cellulite-your-questions-–-answered/

Agree. I don't go with the belief that cellulite is our body holding on to 'toxins'. If you have 'toxins' in your body you are in a seriously ill state and you'd know all about it. Cellulite as a term was invented by Vogue magazine in the 80's. It is fat, pure and simple. I never had any when I had very low body fat, but now that I have average body fat, I have it.

Edit: However, I do like to exfoliate my skin in the shower - I do it with those scrubby mitts you get in the chemists. It makes me skin smoother but does nothing for 'cellulite'.
  • nryther
    nryther Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • firstjog11
    firstjog11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • annielizstan
    annielizstan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think, Cellulite dry brushing is one of the effective treatments for cellulite. Body brushing done regularly will transform dry skin, decrease fat deposits, and tone up problem areas.Dry brush your skin before the bath for further benefits.
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bump. Just came across this after searching about why my cellulite is getting WORSE! :(
  • mewood72437
    mewood72437 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Saving for later
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    A zombie thread and no there's no such thing as "detoxifying" or "ridding" cellulite with a brush. You may improve the appearance of skin by brushing and removing dead skin, but the rest is scientifically unfounded.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • michelle34152
    michelle34152 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha. Maybe they know something that the last two hundred years of medical and scientific research, billions of dollars worth, doesn't know.

For example, their discovery that you can get nutrients through your pores - why, it's the discovery of the century! Here I am eating my nutrients like a sucker.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Tag for later
  • _liftnlove
    Options
    WoW... yes this is the Walking Dead Thread...I remember reading this when I first joined here almost 2 years ago...
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    My mom is about 95 pounds and she has cellulite if you squeeze her skin. It's not about being fat, it's the skin tissue thing. It's just more obvious when a person has extra weight.

I find that anticellulite massage is VERY helpful. But it hurts a lot. Several years ago I had a session of 10 massages done (once a week) and it helped tremendously. Now I have it again too obvious with my extra weight so I'm dieting and having this massage done again.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Tag.

Sorry to necro an old thread, but I want to give it a go.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    _liftnlove wrote: »
    WoW... yes this is the Walking Dead Thread...I remember reading this when I first joined here almost 2 years ago...

I love what dry brushing does for my skin but for me it has nothing to do with cellulite.. I do it to keep my skin feeling and looking healthier.
    Tag.

Sorry to necro an old thread, but I want to give it a go.
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You may improve the appearance of skin by brushing and removing dead skin, but the rest is scientifically unfounded.

]
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Will this thread never die ....zombie.
  • queenb3701
    queenb3701 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, im going to get my brush and coconut oil today. How long does it take to see results? Going to Hawaii on August 17 :)
  • summertime19
    summertime19 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Adding to read later!
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    TLDR
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Zombie thread rises again! I have the same skin brush the OP posted and I dry brush regularly, but NOT to "remove cellulite" or "tone muscles". Dry brushing can do no such thing.

But it does work well to exfoliate the skin and stimulate it for better circulation. The detailed instructions noted were WAY too complicated. I brush from my feet up but not in specific circles and/or number of brushes.