10 Mile Hike/15 Mile Day

Options
exmsde
exmsde Posts: 85 Member
I've been in NY for a few days and took advantage of the city to walk. And I mean really walk. My Fitbit says over 20,000 steps Thursday. 21,000 Saturday. I had never come close to 20,000 before. But Friday, now that was special. Over 30,000 steps .

A couple of weeks earlier I realized I'd have Friday free and went looking for a hike I could do around Manhattan. I've been sticking to things in the 5 mile range, but came across one on trails.com that was 10 miles from City Hall over the Brooklyn Bridge, through a bunch of Brooklyn neighborhoods, and into and around Prospect Park. So I set a goal of doing that hike, a length I hadn't walked in perhaps 40 years.

Friday came and I overslept, but grabbed the subway down to Park Place. And I was off! An hour in I stopped for lunch in Brooklyn Heights. A few hours later I finished my exploration of Prospect Park, and with 10+ mile under my belt I grabbed the subway back to Manhattan. After a quick shower I decided to walk to the bar where a friend holds court after work Friday. Then I walked to dinner and back to the hotel. Total miles: 15!

Next summer I plan to do a 20 mile hike. The 10 was way ahead of my mental schedule. And it looks like only winter weather will keep the 20 at bay.

3 months ago I could never have imagined even doing a 5 mile hike. And I never expected to do 10 again in my life. I'm a little in shock, and a lot encouraged to continue my progress on fitness and weight loss.

Replies

• mhoss101
    mhoss101 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! Its a good feeling when our bodies exceed what our minds think we are capable of doing.. Keep it up!
  • exmsde
    exmsde Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!