Week one completed 5lb loss :-) what ur loss like?

Options
Morning everyone, I am Max i am new to this so apologies in advance for any mistakes or moans from me!! Friday saw the end of week one 5lb loss :-) however had afternoon tea booked at Eastwell manor in Kent uk booked so knew i would have a gain this morning only a 1lb so quite happy. I need ideas for low calorie breakfasts and lunches, I am back to work tomorrow after 2 week break we have a fab canteen but i struggle making the right choices and sausage in a french stick normally calls to me lol. i have just under 3 stone to lose so need to stick to this!!
Also can I ask what other peoples losses are like.:wink:

Replies

• Sobeone
    Options
    Mornin, Almost 2 weeks here and my weight has been flying off like crazy. I lost like 10 lbs my first week, probably mostly water, idk and in 2 days it will be 2 weeks and yep 18lbs so far. I'm not kidding either. I have a super accurate scale and there is zero cheating going on. i'm just reading the numbers. I really love logging my meals
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Couldn't tell you since I only weigh myself once a month but congrats on your loss. Don't get discouraged if it slows down because it's inevitable. Meal ideas are going to depend on your preferences.

Baked chicken parm with steamed veggies
    Salad with grilled salmon, beans, feta and balsamic vinegar/olive oil dressing
    Tuna salad sandwich made with olives, olive oil, capers, celery, and lemon juice
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i have been here around 6 weeks for a loss of 16 pounds:bigsmile:
  • blondiebabe92
    blondiebabe92 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 lbs this month! Welcome to MFP! The tea sounds delicious!
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    I have lost a further 19lb 12oz in the last 37 days since I started logging on MFP total loss since January 79 lbs.
  • Kittylu
    Options
    Wow Sobeone, that's great. keep it up.

I also need idea for breakfast and lunches that I can take to work.

Planning meals seems to be the most difficult thing for me to do. I need ideas!!

There is a microwave at work, but no oven.
  • RLPearce92
    Options
    since january ive lost 11lbs but its only been the past 6 weeks where i have sorted out a diet and fitness program so i still have a way to go, for breakfast you can't go wrong with porridge with banana and honey plenty of energy and should keep you full until your next meal :)
  • lsigall
    lsigall Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've lost 27 lbs. since January.

In terms of low-cal breakfasts - Does your canteen serve porridge? That's a really good and filling low-cal breakfast. 1 cup of cooked porridge has about 150 calories. Adding some fruit to that won't add that much more in caloric content and will pump up the fiber content even more.

Eggs are also surprisingly low in calories. 1 large egg has 70 calories. So if you like eggs, having a couple of eggs will be only 140 calories plus some for the fat they were cooked in. If you eat them hardboiled, no additional calories. Adding a small portion of breakfast meat, and you are easily under 300 calories for the entire breakfast.
  • Sobeone
    Options
    Thank You Kitty!
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I went up then down in my first week of using MFP, but officially on weigh in day i was 2kg (4 pounds ish) lighter =D
  • jjtyla1
    jjtyla1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Thanks! if that was for me =)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting through your first week.

Here's what my loss has looked like...

week 1 & 2 June 10-23, 205lbs, 6.6lbs lost
    week 3 June 24-30, 202.4lbs, 2.6lbs lost
    week 4 July 1-7, 201.2, 1.2lbs lost
    week 5 July 8-14 199.8, 1.4 lbs lost
    week 6 July 15-21 198.6, 1.2 lbs lost
    week 7 July 22-28 196.4, 2.2 lbs lost
    week 8 July 29-Aug 4 194.8, 1.6 lbs lost
    week 9 Aug 5-11 193.2, 1.6 lbs lost
    week 10 Aug 12-18 192.0, 1.2 lbs lost
    week 11 Aug 19-25 190.4, 1.6 lbs lost
    week 12 Aug 26-Sept 1 188.8, 1.6 lbs lost
    week 13 Sept 2-8 190.2, +1.4 lbs gain
    week 14 Sept 9-15 187.4, 2.8 lbs lost
    week 15 Sept 16-22 186.2, 1.2 lbs lost
    week 16 Sept 23-29 184.8, 1.4 lbs lost

Total: 26.8

It's pretty interesting. Can't believe I'm already moving on to week 17 here. Good luck!
  • Trista87Marie
    Trista87Marie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Ive been back on track after a 4 month hiatus and 7 lb gain for about 3 weeks now. I've lost 9 lbs since starting bk up. I am pretty excited about that!!!
  • atheniak
    Options
    Hiya Im new to this program too! Im from New Zealand so i dont talk in pounds sori. Anyway im buzzing hard out, only by a freak encounter, i swear with no word of a Lie. 6 weeks ago I weighed 74 kgs....now i weigh 66.1kg. I started losing when I started the gym. I bought me a juicer and started buying fruit & veges........mash em up juice it & drink baby! I stopped eating bread with meals & a mate from work told me bout this joint! so im trying it out...i will say it makes me think Im on a diet but im not really... but i did get told to eat breakky or my muscles will start wasting...is that true? :flowerforyou:
  • 1961jv
    Options
    Just finished my first week too and lost 4 lbs. Haven't added any exercise yet, and I know the first few weeks are a lot of water weight, but better than going up 4 lbs!!! I am excited and feel better with all the healthy foods I have been eating. I have been successful at getting 7-10 servings of fruits and vegetables per day and doing well with my water intake. I think small snacks/meals frequently is helping--eat something small BEFORE I am starving! Pretty excited! :smile: :smile: